• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Magnetic Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Magnetic Black

Last waxed in 2007 but garaged and only driven when sunny or other car is in shop

Its time to wax. I need some advice on the products I currently own. I will post photos soon. Here is the list of products I have on hand.

Yellow Tech Wax #26(2 years old)
    swirl remover 2.0 (2 years old)
    Scratch X (2 years old)
    new Ultimate rubbing compound (brand new)
    new swirl x (brand new)
    Color X Wax (brand new)
    Detailing Clay (2 years old)
    Deep Suds Car Wash

Which products do i need to use and which ones am i missing?

What combination? for example wash, clay, swirl x, color x, yellow tech wax or wash, rubbing compound, yellow tech wax 2 coats

My last wax job, i used M****** Brand detail clay and cleaner wax followed by pure carnuba P3 Wax (no cleaners). It did an average job but the paint did not keep the wet look yet it repelled bird droppings and the occassinal water sprinkler thanks to quik detailer.

I want that wet Meguiars look back. In the past i have used the cleaner wax then the yellow tech wax on my burgandy pathfinder and red 300zx. The black 350z has swirls but looks great from a distance. the reflection is still there but there are some scratches.

Please advise.

JJ

Re: 2004 Magnetic Black

Well, here is the plan:

1. Wash - Good quality soap, good quality sponges, towels, etc.

2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay kit, and an extra bottle of QD.

3. Clean - Do a test spot/panel with SwirlX. See if it removes your problems. If not, then use Ultimate compound. If you still have problems, come back here and ask more. Or you may need SwirlX in general, and UC to improve the random scratches.

4. Polish - SwirlX is a cleaner/polish, but if you want to do the best, then #7 Show Car Glaze or Deep Crystal Polish would be good.

5. Wax - You could still use your #26, or try out 2 coats of Nxt 2.0.

6. Maintain - Use some Ultimate Quick Detailer or Ultimate Quick Wax for after future washes. And UQD is great in general (not for claying).

ColorX is also nice for quicker details in teh future, but it is a cleaner/wax, not just a wax.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    Step 1 Wash
    Step 2 Clean
    Step 3 Polish
    Step 4 Protect
    Step 5 Maintain

Lessons from White Paint

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

How to Wash Your Car Show Car Style

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How To Remove a Bird Dropping Etching by Hand using M105 Ultra Cut Compound