• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust Spots in Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Spots in Paint

Does anyone have advice on removing small rust spots in the paint on my '08 Toyota Highlander? I suspect these spots came from me recently doing some sanding with steel wool on a metal cabinet in the driveway. I'm hoping that claying these spots will remove them before moving on to waxing. Any sugggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    2008 Highlander Limited AWD, Classic Silver Metallic, Ash Leather, SmartKey, JBL/Bluetooth, Tow Package, Power Rear Door (rear emblems removed) - Accessories: Toyota VIP Remote Start, Mud Guards, Valor Exhaust Tip (Mine)

2002 Saturn SC2, Cranberry, AT, 40,000 miles (Hers)

Re: Rust Spots in Paint

Yes, I would clay with lots of QD first.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Yes, I would clay with lots of QD first.
      Does the QD stand for Quick Detail?
      2008 Highlander Limited AWD, Classic Silver Metallic, Ash Leather, SmartKey, JBL/Bluetooth, Tow Package, Power Rear Door (rear emblems removed) - Accessories: Toyota VIP Remote Start, Mud Guards, Valor Exhaust Tip (Mine)

2002 Saturn SC2, Cranberry, AT, 40,000 miles (Hers)

Comment

Yes,QD stands for Quik Detailer.

Remember and use plenty while claying.

Comment

Yes, so if you bought the kit, you might just want to pick up a second bottle of QD (Quick Detailer).
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Claying might work, if not you might have to sand it.

Comment

Hey,

Have a look at the below thread as I have a feeling that you have rail dust or metal contamination. I also posted an explanation and solutions in the link as well.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');