• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tape question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape question

I bought some #80 and a G110 last week and hopping to use them this weekend. I have notice in pictures that people tap over molding, lights and other parts for obvious reasons but I also see most tape over the gap between panels is this to protect where the paint is the thinnest? Also I know I can probably skip #7 since #80 was described as #7 on steroids but if put two layers of #21 using a G110 would I just remove the first layer if I used the DA to apply the second layer?

Re: Tape question

Same as hand application. You apply the first coat, allow to set, remove and then apply the 2nd coat.

Comment

The tape is not used for wax but other applications to prevent the liqiud from getting under everything.

Comment

The tape is used on the trim, lights, and chrome to prevent staining, including wax. Some use it in the gaps to prevent the product from getting in there as it can be a pain to get it out.

#7 is on top of Meguiar's polish list as it's a pure polish and holds the most amount of Meguiar's oils
        For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');