• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this sound?

Hey all,

Just found this forum and figured I would ask the experts on my wash/wax/ect plan.

First I own a 2004 Dodge SRT4. The paint is in pretty good shape, but does have the usual spiderwebs. My goals are just basically for the deepest wettest finish I can possibly get.

I plan on using:

• Gold Class Wash
    • Meg's Clay (if needed)
    • SwirlX
    • Meg's #7 Show Car Glaze
    • Meg's #20 Polymer Sealant
    • Meg's #26 HiTech Yellow Wax
    • Meg's #34 Final Inspection

As a before shot, this is really the only one I have that is mainly untouched with Photoshop. I did a good detail on it a few months prior to this shot with the Gold Class Shampoo, Clay, #7, and #26, but it was done fairly quickly and without a DA, so I am hoping this time with a buffer I will be able to break down the product a bit more (esp. the #7) to help give me the wet look I want.

Is there anything else I should be looking into? I have a 10" Orbital DA that I will be using this time, mainly because I am into this for quite a few $$ already. Will I see drastic difference in the results if I were to go out and buy a better polisher?

Thanks a ton for looking and your help!

Matt

Re: How does this sound?

Welcome to MOL Matt,

I really like that picture a lot.

Couple things I wanted to point out: For starters you mentioned wanting to "break down" the M07, but I thought you should know that M07 is a pure polish that contains no abrasives that need to break down. The point of M07 is to restore vital oils to the paint's surface for maximum shine and gloss.

If you were using a product like M80 you would need to break the abrasives down properly.

As for the buffers, the orbital is good for spreading M07 and your wax of choice, and removing them (except M07 might remove better by hand), but NOT for applying or working abrasive polishes such as SwirlX.

You are better off using SwirlX by hand until you can afford a more powerful buffer like the G110.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Comment

Although new to the detail game I would recommend claying. It amazing how much dirt comes up after a wash. Nice looking ride, the paint really looks sharp.
      09 Ford Explorer Limited AWD

Comment

Nice pic and nice ride .

Comment

thanks all for the replies!

I realize that #7 doesn't need to be 'broken down' per say but I was unsure if machine application would have any benefit over hand application other than saving my arms from going numb after all of this lol.

Trailblazer, I clayed twice I think that year and the car sleeps all winter so I am not sure how much I will need to clay. Then again knowing myself I will probably end up claying just because.

Thanks also for the compliments!

I will have some more 'after' shots when I finally get to do it and the rain stops up here (10 days straight FTL, I don't live in Seattle damnit!)

Comment

i just figured I'd throw a few more shameless pics up.

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Are you a professional photographer? Those pictures are awesome. Thats one of the best looking blues I have ever seen. Very wet looking.

Comment

Cool pics!
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Great pics and a great looking ride.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yeah, I agree. The lighting on these pictures are great.
                    -Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');