• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products to use on new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products to use on new car

I have ordered a MY10 Forester and will get it towards the end of the week. I am just wanting to find out what people recommend for protecting a new car. I know I have to wash/polish and wax but what brands or combinations of brands would be best. As it will be brand new I am more wanting to preserve the new car then revive it later. I am going to assemble a complete cleaning kit including interior products so any advice on this would be great .

Re: What products to use on new car

1. Wash - Gold Class wash, 2 buckets, quality towels/sponges.

2. Clay - The Smooth Surface CLay kit would be good, though some other companies make one if you need them.

3. Cleaner/Wax - Assuming the car comes from the dealer with no defects (Dear God Tell Them Not to Wash It, Clean It, Or In Anyway Touch It For You), a cleaner/wax like ColorX would be great.

4. Wax - I like to follow up the cleaner/wax with Nxt 2.0
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah,it's better the dealer doesn't wash it!

For your interior,'Natural Shine' is good,for the plastic,vinyl and rubber.

Do you need a leather cleaner and conditioner?

Try to buy good quality cloths like the 'supreme shine microfibres'.The 3 pack is handy,and a couple of packs of 'foam applicators'.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I have asked that the dealer does not wash it but I guess there is still a good chance it will come with some swirls in the paint. Maybe I will order something for that too just incase.

Comment

Chances are,they have already washed it before,for the purpose of showing.

You'll probably find little markings here and there,but nothing on a big scale.I even managed to get slight marring off with deep crystal polish with my new car.

Comment

I have 09 Black Forester. Remember Subaru has soft paint...

I used the following products

NXT wash

Dry (microfiber with Quick Detail)

Clay (if needed)

ColorX and SwirlX

NXT wax

PS: if you have any more question regarding your new forester, please visit www.subaruforester.com.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');