• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing Microfribers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing Microfribers...

I've recently claimed a cupboard to store my car supplies in.

I had stored most of them by folding them 4 ways and stacking them, but this seems to get messy.

Has anyone tried rolling them?

I gave it a shot, and it's awesome! The edges stick to themselves nicely. I just fold them once and then roll them.

This may depend on the size of your MF though. I bought a cheap 10-or something pack at Wal-Mart, and they're all pretty small ones. I noticed for my Meguiar's ones I had to fold them 4 ways then roll them.

Pretty neat tip if no one's discovered this already.

Re: Storing Microfribers...

Yes,i do this too.As you say they have a static adhesion,or the closely knit fibres interlock...Whatever.

What you should do though is keep your clean batch in a zip/air tight bag and squeeze the air out before you zip it fully.I find that keeps them free from any contamination,which is easy,even in a cupboard.

Comment

I just fold them like normal.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Well,rolled or folded,it's pretty much all the same.More important is how you store them.

Comment

I stored them in a Plastic clear tote box. With the lid on too.

Comment

'Tupperware' Great stuff!

Comment

I have been using the 34 quart "under bed" storage containers you can buy at Walmart. So far, so good. I just fold them like I would my bath towels.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                I have been using the 34 quart "under bed" storage containers you can buy at Walmart. So far, so good. I just fold them like I would my bath towels.

same here
                2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                2005 Honda CRF250R
                2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

You guys should try rolling them. It's awesome

Comment

I use the smaller totes from Target for all mine. They have latching lids, which is nice and keeps the dust / bugs out. Haven't tried the rolling thing, but it doesn't seem like it would save any space? I could be wrong though.
                    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');