• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with new purchase please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new purchase please

So I am about to pull the trigger on either a G110 or PC7424 in the near future. I will most likely get a kit from AutoGeek that comes with everything I need. I want to get 105 and 205, and some of the LC pads that are also included. Would I need anything else such as #7 to help polish the paint or will 105 and 205 be enough? I already have plenty car wash and clay, but I might get some #26 to top my NXT with.

Re: Help with new purchase please

#7 would be optional, not needed.

Might want a few extra pads.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah, some extra 2.0 pads, maybe some Supreme Shines, might as well toss in a quart of M80 while your there too. Works so well with the G110.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Red View Post
        So I am about to pull the trigger on either a G110 or PC7424 in the near future. I will most likely get a kit from AutoGeek that comes with everything I need. I want to get 105 and 205, and some of the LC pads that are also included. Would I need anything else such as #7 to help polish the paint or will 105 and 205 be enough? I already have plenty car wash and clay, but I might get some #26 to top my NXT with.
        Be very careful when ordering online...particularly when it comes to Lake Country pads. They are not all created equal. Each distributor requests certain features be addded to their pads and Lake Country makes them to order.

Autogeek utilizes the cheapest pads possible and have the lowest quality and performance. Distributors like ADS and PAC incorporate design features like beveled edges, raised and back-cut mounting surfaces and constant-pressure foam layers that make their pads far superior.

I'd look at the ADS G110 kit or the PAC Kevin Brown kit if looking to purchase an orbital polisher.

Comment

^Interesting info there Bounty... If you don't mind me asking, how do you know all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Red View Post
            ^Interesting info there Bounty... If you don't mind me asking, how do you know all of this?
            Besides trial-and-error with the many different pad types I've spoken with Lake Country directly about some custom pads I wanted spec'd to my tastes but the intial buy in amount for a minimum order is a little rich for my blood. Outfits like ADS and PAC have put a lot of research into the features that actually work through years of detailing...Autogeek, much like Walmart...suffers from the same bottom-line constraints as any big distributor. They buy large bulk amounts of some of the cheapest pads Lake Country makes. While not necessarily "bad" there are definitely better pads to be had.

Browse some of the ADS and PAC offerings and I think you'll see what I mean...

The Kit I mentioned from ADS comes with the G110, M105, M205, pads, etc for a great price that is perfect for your needs. The PAC "Kevin Brown" kits are also nice but may be more product than you need for just one or two cars.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');