• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class bug & Tar remover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class bug & Tar remover.

I picked up a bottle of gold class bug&tar remover for the first time the other day.I was doing a freinds car today and it was obliterated with bugs on the front of the car.when I tried it after washing the car,and it didn't really do much.i did leave it for about 5-10 mins.Anyway,I had to clay the car,so I got them off no problem with the clay.This was the filthiest car I have ever touched and it came really good.Unfortunately,the rain was on and off,so i didn't get it finished,but I'll finish it next weekend.At least i've got this guy into buying meg's now.He was really amazed what the clay could do.

Anyway,about the bug spray.I was expecting it to be a watery type of product like others that I've tried in the past,but it came out like a cream.I thought it was like a spray wax.It smelled like the other gold class products.

Is it supposed to be like that?

To be fair,I think these bugs had been on for a year.

Re: Gold Class bug & Tar remover.

That sounds normal as far as the product consistency.

I found a good trick for removing old, dried on bugs is to re-hydrate them. I take microfiber towels soaked in wash solution (normal car wash soap and water) and then lay them flat over the car. Let it sit for a few minutes.

Then watch the bugs wipe away with zero effort. Enjoy

Comment

Thanks mark.I've kept that advice.You told me a month ago!

The only trouble was,there was on and off rain,but it didn't stop me from claying!

I'll get some pics up next week,when I finish it.The clay was excellent here.This cars condition was a disaster,but the clay removed everything.The owner couldn't believe how easily scuff marks,water marks and bird droppings(there for a long,long time)came off of his white paint.He said he had tried everything,and to see the clay remove it with little effort,shocked him.

Good thing is,he wants to come with me monday or Tuesday to stock up on some Meguiar's....That's a good conversion! From someone who didn't care about his car,to a detailer!

Clay! I love that stuff!

By the way.Who inveted this concept and when?
      Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 27, 2009, 01:01 PM. Reason: add info.

Comment

Not sure who invented it, but apparently Mike Phillips posted about it a while back. I think he got the tip from someone at a class.

I hadn't seen the post, I just happened to take a road trip and have limited supplies... I made do with what I had, and it ended up working REALLY, really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          .The owner couldn't believe how easily scuff marks,water marks and bird droppings(there for a long,long time)came off of his white paint.
          He's lucky that those things didn't etch the paint.
          Can't wait to see some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            He's lucky that those things didn't etch the paint.
            Can't wait to see some pictures
            Yes,very lucky! Some cars only have it on a couple of days and is a problem.

There was a lot of yellow staining aswell.The clay worked miracles here.It took a long time,but worked.Just the normal mild clay.Not any of the aggressive types.I don't get them here anyway.

The only part of the car I left pretty much alone was the lower part of the front wing(passenger side).It's got quite a bit of rust,so it's something that can either be fixed or will need to be replaced.That'll be something to work on in a couple of weeks.Off the car of course

hopefully get it finished next weekend.Need to do the interior aswell.It's a terrible mess.Yuch!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');