• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower door problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower door problem

I have a 2008 Acura MDX, and the lower door panels get incredibly dirty and stained. I'm assuming it's a mix of road tar, dried vegetation and who knows what else. I have the factory mud flaps, but they do very little to help.

Short of buying clunky aftermarket flaps, are there any products that will clean and hold up to this kind of abuse?

Thanks.
    2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
    2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
    2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Re: Lower door problem

Your best bet for cleaning would be to use the Gold Class Bug and Tar remover, letting it dwell before scrubbing the area gently with your traditional wash mitt and soap.

As for keeping it clean, and/or making it easier to maintain the key is keeping the area properly waxed. Wax greatly reduces the ability for gunk and objects to bond to the paint in the first place, and when they do, they come off with less effort.

I always make a point of waxing my vehicle before leaving for a road trip because I know that it will make washing all of the bugs off ten times easier for me.

Comment

I've noticed that a good coat of wax makes everything come off a lot easier plus its pretty easy to do and will save you a lot of time in the future.
      SFORealtor.com

Comment

Clean up the areas with the Gold Class bug and tar remover then put on acoup[le coats of wax and when you wash your car, they will clean up a lot better in the future.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');