• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for pros

ok it's been a while since I posted,but I was sent an e-mail asking about their interior.They had a can of pepper spray on the front seat which exploded because of the heat.I haven't seen it yet,but it's obviously in the seats and mainly on the headliner.So just wondering if anyone had any ideas before I tackle this.I was told the smell is gone and it has been cleaned tto some extent.I do not own an extractor,but I am willing to rent one.I don't know what this stuff will do to a dashboard but they did say it was stained fairly bad.

Re: question for pros

Stay away from the headliner.

Comment

As the above member said, the Headliner is almost impossible to work with.

You can rent an Extractor, or purchase a Green Machine and use APC+ on the upholstery.

Then for the dash I would also use APC+ and clean all of the area.

Next, I would use Meguiars Odor Eliminator in the entire car...

Matt

Comment

yeah I knew the headliner was bad news but can I use a brush with maybe light pressure for the stained spots?

Comment

I wouldn't use a brush, but a microfiber towel with APC+ or Quik Out.
          Matt

Comment

The only thing to do with a headliner is spray some APC, APC+, etc on a towel, and do a lot of dabbing.

Then come back with a damp towel to dab out the cleaner.

Repeat later in the day, next day, as needed.

You cant over-do it with a headliner, since it is glued down, and you can dissolve the glue.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');