• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of swirls on a black truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of swirls on a black truck

I recently noticed swirl marks on my truck so i purchased Swirl Remover. I washed, claybarred, then applied swirl remover with a polisher w/ foam pad and then applied Liquid Gold wax.

It looked perfect for about 2 weeks but the swirls are back. I emailed Meguiars and got a reply but with tomorrow being the 4th of July and a Saturday I doubt he'll be in to answer my question

Basically would this process work for me?

Wash
    Claybar
    Ultimate Compound w/ foam pad(what the Meguairs rep suggested to me)
    Deep Crystal step 2 Polish
    Liquid Gold wax

I only use microfiber towels to wash and dry my truck or when using Quik Detailer. And use separate towels for each product when polishing/detailing

Any help would be appreciated as Im looking to do this tomorrow afternoon.

Also what sort of coding do you use on the forums to post pics or sigs? I tried

Re: Getting rid of swirls on a black truck

You may not have to use the UC, maybe use the swirl remover again with a different pad, or work it a little longer with the pad you used before.

What pad were you using before?
    How long did you work the product?
    Did you let the product dry before wiping it off?
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Even although you're very carefull,black is very easy to swirl.If you have to work outdoors,this makes the likelyhood more so.

Maybe the swirlX worked okay?

I don't know what you mean about codes?
      If you're just wanting to know how to post pics into messages:

How to place an image in your messages

Comment

Originally posted by 02zx9r View Post
        You may not have to use the UC, maybe use the swirl remover again with a different pad, or work it a little longer with the pad you used before.

What pad were you using before?
        How long did you work the product?
        Did you let the product dry before wiping it off?
        This is the 2nd time Im using the swirl remover.

Im using a Meguiars foam pad that was suggested by an auto paint store
        I worked the product until it was almost gone, I actually did this twice
        I wiped it clean after I was done buffing

I just dont want to go thru all of this again with the Swirl remover only to have it hide the swirls and have them appear like a week later again.

The truck looks amazing after I do this but its just that the wax must break down and I can see the swirls again shortly after.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');