• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum and Stainless Steel Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aluminum and Stainless Steel Scratches

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
    I don't blame the other user for saying how bad this stuff was!

Have you tried with a stainless steel polish?
    No. But honestly, the wheels look worse than the exhaust, I can atleast see myself in the exhaust.
    89 Supra Turbo 5-Speed Hardtop: GReddy GRacer Front Bumper, Bomex Side Skirts and Rear Bumper, RS-R GT-2 Exhaust, GReddy Type-RS BOV, K&N Cold Air Intake, Ruff Racing R278 Hyper Black 18" Wheels, Nexen N3000 Tires, Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Strut Tower Brace
    Link to Pics: flickr.com/photos/alecpozner/sets/72157616238990610/
    Link to CarDomain: cardomain.com/ride/3319027

Comment

Originally posted by carman594 View Post
      No. But honestly, the wheels look worse than the exhaust, I can atleast see myself in the exhaust.

Well if your primary concern is the wheels,we'll deal with them.

I had a look at your pics for the wheels. Are you 100% sure that they are aluminium or could they be painted?

Comment

Well if your primary concern is the wheels,we'll deal with them.

I had a look at your pics for the wheels. Are you 100% sure that they are aluminium or could they be painted?
        They lip is definitely aluminum, as my towel turned black after polishing them.
        89 Supra Turbo 5-Speed Hardtop: GReddy GRacer Front Bumper, Bomex Side Skirts and Rear Bumper, RS-R GT-2 Exhaust, GReddy Type-RS BOV, K&N Cold Air Intake, Ruff Racing R278 Hyper Black 18" Wheels, Nexen N3000 Tires, Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Strut Tower Brace

Comment

They lip is definitely aluminum, as my towel turned black after polishing them.

okay.if it turned black,then it's aluminium.Do you have any of the Meguiar's metal polishes?

I would think Meguiar's mag aluminium polish would bring the smoothness back.Even NXT All metal polish might do it.It worked for me:

That's a pic of my aluminium air intake.It got a bit scuffed with stainless steel polish.But I followed it up with NXT all metal polish and it came smooth again.Can you see where I went over in the middle area?

I think the Mag & aluminium polish would be better.Do you have it? Can you get it okay?

Comment

okay.if it turned black,then it's aluminium.Do you have any of the Meguiar's metal polishes?

I would think Meguiar's mag aluminium polish would bring the smoothness back.Even NXT All metal polish might do it.It worked for me:

That's a pic of my aluminium air intake.It got a bit scuffed with stainless steel polish.But I followed it up with NXT all metal polish and it came smooth again.Can you see where I went over in the middle area?

I think the Mag & aluminium polish would be better.Do you have it? Can you get it okay?
            No I don't have any, but I can get some. A local detailer recommended to me Mothers BILLET.

Comment

I've never tried mother's billet,so i can't say on that one.As long as it's a good quality aluminium polish that you buy,I think you'll be okay.i know for sure that the 2 meguiar's products that i mentioned will be fine.

Comment

I have the Mother PowerBall Mini if that makes any difference.

Comment

I have the Mother PowerBall Mini if that makes any difference.
                  I don't know mother's products,so I can't help you out as regards to their products.Someone else will help you out with that.

Try by hand first and see how you get on.

Comment

Ok, so which polish would you recommend? I don't want to keep buying things if they aren't going to work as I am young and jobless, lol.

Comment

Ok, so which polish would you recommend? I don't want to keep buying things if they aren't going to work as I am young and jobless, lol.

Okay. I can't say about mother's billet. NXT all metal polish might be a bit mild.

The Meguiar's rims mag aluminium polish would be what I'd pick.

If you look under the 'search' bar at the top and type in 'aluminium polish',you might come across someone that has posted a thread about the mother's stuff.

Comment

And what about the exhaust?

Comment

And what about the exhaust?

That won't be so easily dealt with.The above polishes won't do anything,(except clean a little.)

Try a stainless steel polish.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');