• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Stain Remover on Microfibers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Stain Remover on Microfibers

Has anyone used stain remover sprays on their microfibers? I use these types of sprays on my clothes if they pick up a stain, but I am not sure if they will harm the microfiber towels.

A few of my Supreme Shines and Ultimate Wipes have some stains that I want to get out, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about it.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Spot Stain Remover on Microfibers

I don't know about that one.I use stain removers on clothes also,but not on micros.

Comment

try it on one and see how it performs afterwards
      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
      2005 Honda CRF250R
      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Hmm I guess I could try it out, just wondering if anyone else had tried it?

Comment

I regularly use shout on my microfibers. Have for a couple of years. Have not seen any adverse effects from using it.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            I regularly use shout on my microfibers. Have for a couple of years. Have not seen any adverse effects from using it.

Is that a spot stain remover?

Comment

It is a stain remover. You pre treat your stain throw it in with the rest of the load. It removes the stains for me.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Geezalou, and here I thought I was anal retentive!!!

Stains, as long as they aren't things like say glue that's going to scratch anything are cool!

Consider them as battle scars from many hours of improving your car's appearance.

I have two standard bath towels that are nearly as soft as microfiber. I've used 'em for at least 20 years, and wouldn't trade 'em, stains and all, for anything.

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves once in a while, something's very wrong.

If "Shout" doesn't do it, I'd leave well enough alone, Andrew.
                "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                BOB

Comment

I use Spray & Wash to remove stains on MF.

First I soak the towels and squeeze out the excess water. I then spray Spray & Wash on the stains, then rub the stain spots against each other. It removes the toughest of stains from my MF.

It does not harm MF. MF are in fact much stronger than Terry cloths, which can come apart.

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
                    Geezalou, and here I thought I was anal retentive!!!

Stains, as long as they aren't things like say glue that's going to scratch anything are cool!

Consider them as battle scars from many hours of improving your car's appearance.

I have two standard bath towels that are nearly as soft as microfiber. I've used 'em for at least 20 years, and wouldn't trade 'em, stains and all, for anything.

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves once in a while, something's very wrong.

If "Shout" doesn't do it, I'd leave well enough alone, Andrew.
                    X2

Comment

The few times I've used Shout or something similar, I find it has a better chance of taking out stains if I thoroughly wet the stain, rub the stained area, fold the wet portion inward so it doesn't evaporate, and let it work until the next time I'm ready to do a full load of laundry. Sometimes works, sometimes not so much...
                      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                      BOB

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');