• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dealer decal removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealer decal removal

I just bought a Chevy Equinox and was wonder how best to remove the dealer sticker on the rear hatch. Thanks in advance!

Re: dealer decal removal

If it's just a dealer sticker,it should come off real easy if you go over gently with a hair dryer.This helps to heat up the glue a little,making the sticker easy to peel off.

Comment

Stickers or Badges?
      I haven't seen dealer stickers in a very long time.

The trick is to get it off ASAP and don't let the dealership remove it!
      If it's a sticker. Peel it off as slow as possible. A hair dryer can speed up the process, but mght leave more adhesive.
      Clean up adhesive with 3M adhesive cleaner.

Badges are pretty similar just remember to work clean.
      DANG! Eddie is too fast...
      Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
      baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

There should be a law! I couldn't take delivery since I was waiting for stone guards, so I left it at the dealership 'til later in the week.

I put a piece of my own masking tape on the trunk with the words "no sticker please". I learned that from my brother who used to hustle Pontiacs.
        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
        BOB

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
          Stickers or Badges?

The trick is to get it off ASAP and don't let the dealership remove it!
          The real trick is to accompany the car and your salesperson back to the service area, and tell 'em you won't sign off on the vehicle until you see the trunk lid after they remove it. Amazing how fast that gets things done...
          "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
          BOB

Comment

If its a badge, use a heat gun, heat up the tape and slowly remove it or remove it with some floss. Then spray some body solvent or Goo Gone and remove it with your finger nail or maybe a plastic razor

If its the sticker, just heat it up and SLOWLY remove the sticker and remove the residue.

You may need to polish the area to blend it so the sticker/ badge outline doesn't stick out.

Comment

Might I also suggest using WD-40 as an adhesive solvent. I will not harm the paint whatsoever.
              r. b.

Comment

Just remember to go slow. When I de-badged my 3-year-old trailblazer (took the silly pinstriping off as well) I didn't use a hair dryer or a plastic razor blade or anything. I just peeled it off slowly and everything came off. Follow up with your choice of adhesive remover (dont forget to clean off the residue from the remover) and done!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper View Post
                  Might I also suggest using WD-40 as an adhesive solvent. I will not harm the paint whatsoever.
                  I have used wd-40 many times. It has never failed me.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

If it is a badge, I have used mono fishing line. Just working it underneath, and using a saw like motion, the badge is easily removed. It has never scratched, and little WD or varsol will remove any remaining glue. No heat required, and the WD or varsol will not harm the paint. Wash area and apply wax.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');