• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanium Exhaust Detailing - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium Exhaust Detailing - Need help

Hello all!

Been stuck on something that's really bugging me. I have an HKS carbon Ti exhaust on my WRX that I bought used a long time ago. It was on fairly decent condition, but now I notice it's faded and really looks horrible in comparison to a new one.

I've tried using meguiar's MAG & Aluminum polish but it didn't put a single dent on the overall look.

Here's a picture of a new one:

And here's a picture of what mine looks like

Any suggestions?

If I cant do something to it, I'm just going to sell it and buy a stainless steel exhaust and not another Ti exhaust.

2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
    2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Re: Titanium Exhaust Detailing - Need help

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Check this out, might help
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
      Holy crapola! I didn't see that in my search.

I'm going to give that a shot. #0000 steel wool here I come.

Thanks Zuke!
      2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
      2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

No problem, make sure to post results!
        "Every moment frontin and maxin
        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
        "

Comment

Glad you found something.That's a cool tailpipe.

Comment

Dont forget to shine up the carbon fiber as well..
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

holy cow! presidential is a kick butt dude! i was working on an exhaust like this (slightly similar) last weekend, but the owner said he actually LIKED it that way and didnt want me to get them clean...which is good, because i tried and failed!!!! ill look into that 0000 wool

******Foul language is not allowed, whether it is done with the real letters or bypassed with special code. Please refrain from using expletivess in the future. Thank you. -Mark Kleis
              Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 15, 2009, 11:01 PM. Reason: Family friendly language

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');