• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Question

I just bought a new set of chrome rims like these:

I was wondering what I could put on them to protect them from dirt.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 17, 2009, 11:33 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Re: Chrome Question

You can wax chrome with normal car wax, but most wheel cleaners are quite harsh and will remove the wax in the first washing. For that reason, many people (including myself) will use normal car wash soap and water to wash wheels when possible.

From time to time you will also want to use some chrome polish and a microfiber to scrub them after they have been washed.

Chrome polish:

Chrome wheel cleaner if you let it go for a month or so and brake dust build-up is severe:

NXT 2.0 wax is a good wax and works fine for chrome.

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't sure if normal wax would leave a film and smudge on the chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Cook View Post
        Thanks. I wasn't sure if normal wax would leave a film and smudge on the chrome.
        Just apply and let it dry like you would on paint. After a few minutes try a "swipe test" with your finger and if it wipes away cleanly, remove the rest with your towel.

Comment

Thanks. I gotta order some NXT first. I almost bought some from ebay, it was really cheap, but I decided to wait and use my other meguiar's wax first. Then I read around, and NXT seems to be the best wax..

I probably won't put my rims on for another month or so anyway. Because I have almost bran new tires on the old rims and I want to get my cars paint show ready before I put my rims on anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');