• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC-1 Discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC-1 Discontinued

I bought some ultimate compound this weekend and it worked great for getting water marks off but now there off next time I wash I want to get the paint to shine (it's a black car if that matters).

Comment

If Ultimate Compound left any marring behind then simply follow up with SwirlX. If you want to apply something to the entire car by hand then a 16oz bottle of ColorX would be ideal.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        Taking one step out of a complete system may ruin the results of the other two products in the system.

As a businessman, I would imagine that the decision to discontinue the DC-1 is one that is driven by profit.
        Errr..... just to clarify........

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
        DC-1 is being phased out in the US. However, it will still be available outside the US...
        I think this simply means that Meguiars intends to insure that Canadians will have one more lucrative item, besides M16, that we can smuggle back into the USA. It's like Prohibition never ended!

On the other hand it might just be that DC-1 cannot meet the new VOC standards in the USA or some such, just like M16 and thus it had to be dropped. Tweaking these recipes takes lab time and I'm sure the squints are working hard on more profitable future products at the moment. I would not be surprised to see these products re-introduced in a new formula in the future, if the demand is there.

For whatever reason, and it's a shame really, a nice, straight forward, chemical type paint cleaner is a handy thing to have. To be honest, I've used A12 and DG 501 as cleaners but both leave some LSP behind, even if you wipe them off while wet. Does it matter?!?! I dunno...... It seems most products mix reasonably well in our application but for those times when one might really really want just one specific LSP to go onto clean paint, and one didn't need to do any correction, DC-1 seemed to fit the bill. As a substitute, I'd probably use A12 with an IPA wipe down if I get real concerned about mixing base coats.

Regards

Kaptain "Stocking up.... getting ready to make a run for the border" Zero

Comment

I have a bottle and a half left. I use so little to do a car that this supply should get me through the next 3-4 years. Not sure how Meguiars makes its money at that rate .

Comment

Originally posted by Slicked View Post
            I have a bottle and a half left. I use so little to do a car that this supply should get me through the next 3-4 years. Not sure how Meguiars makes its money at that rate .
            Perhaps Meguiars is using DC-1 as a loss leader, meaning that they sell a product for a minimal profit and while increasing profit somewhere else. For example, a shaving company selling the razors for next to nothing while the replacement blades cost a fortune.
            Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');