• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

topping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topping

What are some good/popular wax combinations? I was just reading in another post that NXT followed by Hi Tech Yellow works nicely. What other ones have you guys had good results with?

Re: topping

I'm partial to Cleaner Wax>Gold Class paste.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Calais, that's actually one of the combinations I was hoping someone would say that they experienced good luck with. I usually use the consumer line Meguiars Cleaners Wax. I would like to try topping it with the Gold Class, but I wasn't sure if the two would meld or not.

Comment

ColourX topped with NXT 2.0.
        Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeway2030 View Post
          Calais, that's actually one of the combinations I was hoping someone would say that they experienced good luck with. I usually use the consumer line Meguiars Cleaners Wax. I would like to try topping it with the Gold Class, but I wasn't sure if the two would meld or not.
          It doesn't offer the best longterm protection (NXT would do that), but it makes the paint looks show-car deep. The cleaner wax offers a thin layer of protection and refines the surface perfectly for Gold Class. Gold Class give a warm, shiny, deep sheen to the paint. They go together quite well on a well prepped surface.

Really, with a well-prepped surface any LSP will look impressive. I did this using just a singe coat of consumer line cleaner wax as my LSP: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35249
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

You can top Cleaner Wax or ColorX with any of Meguiar's waxes. Have fun!
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
              I'm partial to Cleaner Wax>Gold Class paste.
              This is the combo that got me hooked on Meguiars.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');