• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches on the windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on the windscreen

Guys I have a serious problem in my car. All the glasses has some scratches. The most serious situation is in the widscreen. It has some round scratches caused caused by the wipes (I think this is the right name). Unfortnaly I don't have clear photos, but I have those in high resolution. Sorry about the size:

There is other scratches in the windows, se this picture:

I would like you guys help-me with this problem. What products I use, and what buffs? Please describe all the process, because I'm novice. Thankk you guys.

Re: Scratches on the windscreen

The rubber wiper blades should not scratch the glass.

Did the metal frame drag across the glass? Or are those marks just like a rubber residue?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      The rubber wiper blades should not scratch the glass.

Did the metal frame drag across the glass? Or are those marks just like a rubber residue?
      Hi my friend. Acctualy I bought this car with those scratches on the windscreen and those lines in the glasses. I think the old owner let the metal frame drag across the glass a little bit, but it isn't to deep scratches. I'm just wanna know what kind of product I should use to have a claer and smooth glass suface with no scratches or marks. Any suggestion?

Comment

Wiper blades can leave light scratches or scuff lines with time.It's not the rubber,it's just dust.....They'll never be 100% clean.

There is nothing you can do to easily fix this.Glass has to be polished with cerium oxide and it's a long process.Here is a link which shows in detail what is involved.It was done by 'Maserati Mario',one of the forum members,so you can always ask his advice.

Scratched Glass Solution - Cerium Oxide

Enjoy...

Comment

Yeah, read Mario's write up with the Cerium Oxide.

If you don't do what he did, it's almost impossible to remove Glass Scratches.

Glass is WAY harder than any paint and a conventional paint compound will not work.

They make glass polishing kits, users on MOL have tried them, and they don't work well.
          Matt

Comment

You can use something like the Ultimate Compound, or #4 Heavy Cleaner to get any residue off the glass, but as mentioned above, actual scratches are pretty much stuck there.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
              Wiper blades can leave light scratches or scuff lines with time.It's not the rubber,it's just dust.....They'll never be 100% clean.

There is nothing you can do to easily fix this.Glass has to be polished with cerium oxide and it's a long process.Here is a link which shows in detail what is involved.It was done by 'Maserati Mario',one of the forum members,so you can always ask his advice.

Scratched Glass Solution - Cerium Oxide

Enjoy...
              Thank's for the tip, but it's pretty dificult I find this kind of products here in Brazil, but I will try. This is an excellent topic and I'm sure it will help-me somehow. Thank you very much my friend.

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
              Yeah, read Mario's write up with the Cerium Oxide.

If you don't do what he did, it's almost impossible to remove Glass Scratches.

Glass is WAY harder than any paint and a conventional paint compound will not work.

They make glass polishing kits, users on MOL have tried them, and they don't work well.
              I'm sure about that. Glass is too hard and resistent to compounds. I will read the write up and study it very hard to achieve the results.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              You can use something like the Ultimate Compound, or #4 Heavy Cleaner to get any residue off the glass, but as mentioned above, actual scratches are pretty much stuck there.
              Yeah as I said I will try the write up. I hope it works. Thanks man.

Comment

Well polishing glass is fun.
                Here's a google search: Cerium Oxide
                I'm sure you can find some in Brazil
                One my write up notice what "OldModMan" said, "use a small felt bob"
                He has had success with those, I haven't used them but I'm sure he telling the truth
                But you can get ride of those scratches

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                  Well polishing glass is fun.
                  Here's a google search: Cerium Oxide
                  I'm sure you can find some in Brazil
                  One my write up notice what "OldModMan" said, "use a small felt bob"
                  He has had success with those, I haven't used them but I'm sure he telling the truth
                  But you can get ride of those scratches
                  I'm sure about that my friend. I will look for this product here in my country. When I find it i will contact you to explain exactly the process ok? Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');