• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 always streaks on dark paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 always streaks on dark paint

I had this problem last fall, and I tried NXT 2.0 again just today on my paint and I was reminded of this annoyance. I tried letting it dry for different time periods, with it passing the wipe test each time, and I did manage to get a couple panels that seem to not have streaks, but the majority do.

I am using the same bottle I had since last fall and I was thinking it might be bad, but after reading other posts here with people complaining about NXT 2.0 streaking on dark paint, I'm getting the feeling that this really might be an issue with NXT 2.0, because I NEVER ONCE, have been able to apply a full, non streaking coat with NXT 2.0!!

I haven't tried the spray wax though, maybe that's different... I do know the UQD works great... I'll continue to use that, but any suggestions for a similar wax that has the polymers and shine of NXT 2.0 would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Re: NXT 2.0 always streaks on dark paint

Typically those who are having streaking problems are either a) applying it too thick or b) not giving it sufficient time to dry.

In either case, the fix is a quick pass with QD and it usually fixes the streaking.

I have been using NXT 2.0 for quite some time and I've never had streaking issues. If you are looking for another sealant (like NXT) which is quite easy to use and looks great and is about the slickest thing out there, give Blackfire Wet Diamond a spin.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I've never really had any streaking issues with NXT 2.0. However, if you'd like to try something comparable to NXT 2.0, give M21 a spin. It's very similar to NXT 2.0, and I've never heard of anybody having streaking issues with M21. Don't know why . The only place I've found to carry it locally is O'Reilly Auto Parts. If you can't find it locally, then you can always order it online from ADS.

Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I used it on my black insight about a week or so ago.It was the first time I used it.I didn't have any problems.

I washed,clayed,polished and appiled the wax.When I did it,it was about 90° with about 70% humidity and I worked in the shade.

Did you make sure the surface was really clean?
        Did you work in the shade?
        Was the weather hot and humid?

Sorry to hear it's not working for you..I think it looks great on black.

Comment

hey guys i just went this morning and did the doors, this time I cleaned my wheels/rims while the wax settled, and I was a lot more liberal with the finger test, i made sure it was pretty much completely dry, and i also applied a thin as a layer as possible, no streaking!

u were right, i think it was the humidity combined with not having enough patience to let the wax sit for long enough, it won't always be the same time due to environmental conditions, also i was dumb and started with the hood which was the hottest part of the car cause I have to drive it somewhere to wax it.

would using some UQD to get rid of the streaking on the other panels interfere with the cross linking? im wondering if the wax job where the streaking happened is even effective at this point, if it needs to be rewaxed

Comment

Originally posted by chris328 View Post
            would using some UQD to get rid of the streaking on the other panels interfere with the cross linking? im wondering if the wax job where the streaking happened is even effective at this point, if it needs to be rewaxed
            You should be ok with using UQD or QD on the "streaked" panels. They won't remove the wax. In terms of rewaxing these panels, I wouldn't do that. The reason is that there still is some wax on them and if you rewax you may again end up with streaks.

Comment

Going thin is the key

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I had my first experience with NXT 2.0 on a black car today, my cousin's Mazda 3 sedan. I got streaks on it and found that I had to really use some elbow grease to buff them out. It was hot, humid and sunny so that probably had something to do with it and I was rushing a bit to get it done which probably didn't help. I didn't have time to clay or ColorX it so I just did a wash with Gold Class and then threw a coat of NXT on there. She was ecstatic with the results but I was disappointed in that I only did a halfway job.
                Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

I use NXT 2.0 all the time and don't always have the time to do any other prep and I have never had a steaking problem. Always remember to do that thin coat along with the swipe test to make sure it's ready.

While waiting for the wax to dry, I often leave something else to do on the car like say something on the interior or the windows so that I can still be productive during the wait time. I have found that when dry the NXT 2.0 is really a breeze to wipe off.
                  "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');