• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versa-Angle Tire Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versa-Angle Tire Brush

I bought this Gold Class Versa Angle Tire Brush 2-3 years ago and never even opened the packaging. Did not recall why I bought this. I don't really see the purpose of cleaning the tires. I usually apply specified tire spray to give them a dark shine.

I do wish I have a brush to clean the wheels. Not sure if I can use this tire brush for the wheels, the outside bristles (yellow) are soft but the inside bristles (black) seem to hard for the wheels.

Re: Versa-Angle Tire Brush

The purpose of cleaning/prepping the tires is to ensure that the dressing is actuallly bonding to the actual rubber and not just bonding to dirt and grime. A clean tire usually accepts dressing much better than a dirty tire.

A clean prepped tire with dressing will last much longer, sling less, and look better than just a dirty tire covered up with dressing.

I would not clean wheels with the Versa Angle Tire Brush, that is what the Versa Angle Wheel Brush is for.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Sometimes I don't even apply a dressing to my tires, I just clean them thoroughly and enjoy the clean matte finish. Clean tires are one of the hallmarks of a well kept car, especially with white walls. Also, clean tires take to and hold dressings way better than dirty ones.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I do use a separate wash mitt for the tires/wheels. I will try this tire brush the next time I wash my car.

I see neither the tire brush nor the wheel brush in the Meguiar's site anymore. Are they still selling these brushes?

Also, I also want to buy the duster. Again, not in Meguiar's site anymore.

Comment

I agree with the others, try the brush and then apply your favorite dressing and you will probably notice a difference.

Meguiar's discontinued the brushes a year or two ago in the U. S., but some are still available throught other vendors online and some people are still finding them in their local Big Lots or other places. I think Meguiar's is still selling them internationally.

I am not one of the lucky ones, so I bought mine online and have about two to three of the tire brushes and wheel face brushes lying around.

I actually broke the head off my wheel face brush after about three to four years of good quality work. While disappointed it broke, I certainly got my value out of it and loved it.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');