• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing with a rotary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing with a rotary...

Alrite guys, I want your opinions on being able to finish with a rotary and not using a random orbital? Is it possible?

Im a newb, and this all started with me investing a couple bucks toward learning to clean my car better than I already do....not show car quality or anything.

Now ive picked up a rotary, a few pads and some 105 and some various other products and WAS about to pull the trigger and buy some 205 and a finishing pad to get rid of the buffer holograms im getting...

THEN i post a question on another forum regarding what pad to use with the 205 and I get told that the chances of me being able to use ANY pad with the 205 and a rotary and it finishing looking good was slim to none.

is this true?

Re: Finishing with a rotary...

Since its introduction I have used M205 to finish everything I have detailed- only once did I get holograms. That particular vehicle didn't play well with any of the SMAT products, so I finished it out with M80.

Aside from that one time, I have been able to finish out flawlessly with M205 and a rotary, and many times with a polishing pad.

Comment

Re: Finishing with a rotary...

Alrite awesome, that makes me feel a lot better. On what kind of car did it not work out so well for you?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');