• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm washing my car less and less.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm washing my car less and less.....

As the title says, I'm washing my car less and less. What I do now is the wipe down the car with a wet MF every 1-2 days. Of course, I rinse the MF often while wiping down the car. If I see dirt, I will use UQD. This literally takes about 5 minutes. Surprisingly, my car looks great and the surfaces are silky smooth.

Not sure if I am introducing swirls to my car. If I do, I don't see them because my car is silver.

Of course, I will do a full wash when it gets too dirty. I used to wash my car every week but I have not washed my car for a month already!

I like to try UQW; too bad this is not available in Toronto.

Re: I'm washing my car less and less.....

Have you thought about getting a California Car Duster? They work great!
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Are you doing that because of water resrictions or just because it is faster?

Might want to look into ONR or something so you don't scratch your car.

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Better be using something with that water. I strongly suggest using ONR (Optimum No Rinse) or QEW (Quick Easy Wash). Whether you can see swirls or not you are marring the finish of your car.

At least use a good QD for the whole car not just the dirty spots.

Tom

Comment

yeah, use QD or better yet UQD on the entire car, not just the visibly dirty spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
            Are you doing that because of water resrictions or just because it is faster?

Might want to look into ONR or something so you don't scratch your car.

Ryan
            I wipe the car because it's faster. I posted this thread hoping for comments; maybe I should not be doing this. I do rinse my MF often to minimize any adverse effects.

My friend has a Meguiar's duster but they don"t sell it anymore. Don't know if California Duster is any good.

Just bought a bottle of SwirlX from Buffalo. I will do a WASH - SwirlX - YellowWax next weekend.

Comment

I would also suggest using onr or marks system with the Last Touch. Better be safe then sorry.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                I would also suggest using onr or marks system with the Last Touch. Better be safe then sorry.
                +1 on Mark's method. Last Touch runs less than $20 per gallon. ONR is at least double that. For less than $20, you can (rinseless) wash your car 64 times - more than a year's worth of washes. Check out Mark's video: How-to Wash your car with a Rinse-less Wash System [video]

Comment

so it looks like if meguiars sells a more concentrated version of last touch , lets say 1 ounce per 2 gallons I won't have to buy ONR anymore

Comment

Due to time restrictions I also find that I'm doing a full wash as often. However, I always use something like UQD, ONR, or Griot's Spray Wash each and everytime. My thoughts is even if you rinse and change the MF frequently you are introducing swirl. Anything that will add lubricity lessens that potential.

Comment

Absolutely nothing against Mark's system, but why? QEW has been around for a long, long time and has a very good "track record". ONR is also designed as a rinseless wash. Why mess with success?

Now, when Meguiar's comes out with a product designed as a rinseless wash, I'll buy it, but until then QEW works for me.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');