• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep Grand Cherokee with tons of clad;what to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Grand Cherokee with tons of clad;what to use

So Monday I'm going to be detailing a Jeep GC with a lot of glad. The plastic is a light grey color. I can't remember what color is was from the factor; I'm guessing black. What product would you recommend for this? I was thinking either Mother's Back to Black or Gold Class High Endurance Tire Gel, since it works well on my plastic flaps on my car.

Not the exact one, but it's close.
    -Kyle

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee with tons of clad;what to use

I would use Trim Detailer because that product is designed for that sort of plastic's.

Comment

Gold Class Trim Detailer (Consumer) or M40 (professional line) would be great candidates for the job.

Comment

I have to say M40 works great with that kind of plastic trim/ bumper. So M40 gets my vote. But since its water based it wont last so long. So id go with endurance gel as well as weird as that sounds. lol

Comment

M40 or All Season Dressing will work great.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I'll throw in a vote for All Season Dressing.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I also vote for All Season Dressing
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

M40/ASD/GCTD

I use all three, Our Neon (Dodge/Jeep et al) responds better to ASD while our Yukon trim likes to soak up GCTD and M40.....

Can't beat GCTD or ASD though.....M40 is not very long lasting, a few washes and have to reapply.
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Well, it's a little too late to order than for Monday. I'll look for the GCTD today, if Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts carry it.
                  -Kyle

Comment

Good luck. In the future think about getting some All Season Dressing. I think it is a great product.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

My wife's Ford Escape has similar cladding and bumpers. I like the finish (matte / low shine) that M40 gives but I would like something a little more economical since there's so much plastic on that vehicle. What type of finish would I get with ASD give? I'm not all that concerned about the finish lasting a long time since the plastic gets treated everytime I wash the car.

Comment

Originally posted by boiler7904 View Post
                        .....What type of finish would I get with ASD give? I'm not all that concerned about the finish lasting a long time since the plastic gets treated everytime I wash the car.
                        In my experience, ASD can be left on either Matte or Glossy, I apply it liberally and let it soak in then wipe off, then final wipe.....

It's pretty glossy but you'll just have to see.

I like it and I don't normally like my trim too glossy as I live in a rural area and dust is a huge factor in my area.
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');