• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 first use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 first use

finally got around to trying my G110 yesterday. it was on a 95 saturn. paint overall in decent shape for being a 14 year old car

I started with the basic wash and claybar'd.

then I tried some swirlX with a orange foam pad. wiped off with a microfiber and inspected it. might have helped the swirls but there was alot of light scratches everywhere

so I decided to step it up a bit and got the ultimate compound and yellow pad. this is basically the most aggressive combo I have right now. I had read the ultimate compound is pretty much dummy proof being in the consumer line product. and the paint had been neglected so I figured why not

first pass with the ultimate compound made a noticeable difference. I went ahead did the whole car, then a few more passes on spots you look at more (hood, ect)

I was pretty happy with the results and didnt want to overdo it being my first time. so I went to the polishing

I just had some "deep crystal polish" nothing special. turned the G110 down to speed 3 and applied the polish. went on nice but took a good while to wipe off. is this normal? maybe I used too much

then after the polish I waxed the car with nanowax. was my first time using a spray way. I think I used too much of that too LOL. the microfibers were soaking up a good bit

I will try and get pics tomorrow since I didnt do the wheels yet and a couple other details

overall im happy with the results. Meguiars does a really good job and has a nice product line

I have a spare hood to practice scratch repair on. once I get good at the touchup paint/wetsanding method I will do that too

Re: G110 first use

Why didn't you top it with some NXT instead of the Nanowax?
    Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Glad you had success with the G110.

I wouldn't say UC is dummy proof though. You did try the swirlx first,so you did it correctly. From now on you should be okay with the swirlx.you don't want to use UC if it's not necessary.

possibly you were passing the DC polish for a bit of time and it dried on you.

I don't know the Nanowax....so can't comment.

Good! Using old panels is a great way to learn!

Look forward to your pics

Comment

Originally posted by StoneRaizer View Post
        Why didn't you top it with some NXT instead of the Nanowax?
        dont have any

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
        Glad you had success with the G110.

I wouldn't say UC is dummy proof though. You did try the swirlx first,so you did it correctly. From now on you should be okay with the swirlx.you don't want to use UC if it's not necessary.

possibly you were passing the DC polish for a bit of time and it dried on you.

I don't know the Nanowax....so can't comment.

Good! Using old panels is a great way to learn!

Look forward to your pics
        are you supposed to only go across with the DC polish once? I did go side-side a few times

I cant wait to get better at scratch repair. I had a bad experience wetsanding once so I'm not trying again until I get more practice.

Comment

I've only ever used DC polish by hand,so I work it in a little. I don't think you'll need to spend so long with a DA. It'll spread it out thinner plus maybe a little more warmth due to friction,making it dry quicker,possibly.

You don't want to leave it on for long like you would with wax.

I don't have a DA so i'm not absolutely sure,but I don't think they can cut sanding marks.Someone else with a DA will chip in to answer that. Most threads that i've read,say they don't. Some users say they have...so..?

Practice on the old hood....that's what it's for

Comment

Congrats. There is a tremendous difference using the G110 instead of the old Elbow grease. isn't there?
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
              Congrats. There is a tremendous difference using the G110 instead of the old Elbow grease. isn't there?
              nice being able to do the whole car with minimal effort

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');