• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference of cleaning potential between SwirlX and A1016 BodyScrub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference of cleaning potential between SwirlX and A1016 BodyScrub

I’ve got some A1016 Clear Coat Body Scrub left in my garage. I’ve been using that as my first Megs cleaner and I’m very pleased with its cleaning result, however the swirls stays hardly removed. Now I have to consider purchasing another bottle of paint cleaner and I thought about SwirlX.

But there’s one thing I’d like to know: what’s the difference in cleaning possibilities between Body Scrub and SwirlX?

Yeah, I know these are different products: they use SMAT and DAT and they are quite difficult to compare, but let me ask you that way: could place it on the scale from 1 to 10 what should I expect, knowing these two products are applied in the same conditions, with the same type of foam pad, with the same passion, etc?

TIA

Re: Difference of cleaning potential between SwirlX and A1016 BodyScrub

Well, the original ScratchX was one of the first real 'scratch and swirl' removal products that could work well by hand with effort.

The Body Scrub was milder than that, and the SwirlX is fairly stronger.

I would say it is a worthwile upgrade. But depending on how bad the swirls, the type of paint, etc, there is always the possibility something stronger might be needed.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer Murr
      Thats a great news knowing SwirlX should be way more effective for swirls comparing to A1016 Body Scrub.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      But depending on how bad the swirls, the type of paint, etc, there is always the possibility something stronger might be needed.
      Well, do you mean UC or machine support? Or professional line M105? Or all of that?

Comment

Could be anything stronger really.

What are you workng on?

Comment

Well, nothing really bad I think. Lots of swirls made by brushes of carwash, mainly visible on a hood and a trunk. No RIDS, no hazing, no bird or wather etchings - just the kingdom of swirls. I gues DA would be perfect to help that out

Comment

I meant more what type of car, color, etc. Even any pics.

Comment

Thats an european type of 94' Accord, with black 2 stage paining.

Comment

Not typically real hard paint to work on. Just do a test spot or test panel and check your results. Dont do the entire car and find things still arent quite right.

Be sure to work the SwirlX in with some passion at first, not just wiping.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll start with a test spot and see the results.
                  On one hand, I believe they will be better comparing to Body Scrub, on the other I'm curious how SwirlX will manage.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');