• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of course it rains the next day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course it rains the next day....

I spent the better part of an hour yesterday washing my car at work with ONR and it looked fabulous. About 5 minutes before leaving work the next day it drizzles for a little bit. The rain dried before I could spray some QD and dry it down. My question is now that the rain has dried, not hard rain just dusty rain, is it alright to still apply QD and wipe off the rain dust? Or is that a open invitation for heavy swirls? Keep in mind this is a black car.
    Matt

Re: Of course it rains the next day....

spray the QD on the rag and also on the car and wipe with no pressure and you should be fine, unless there is visible dirt/grit. but as long as you use as little pressure as possible and use the QD you should be good to go.

Comment

Just to be safe, I would wash if in doubt. My rule of thumb when in doubt wash. Do not take the chance of scratching and swirling, just go ahead and wash, and you should be fine if you do it the right way.. By the way, it always happens to me, you spend all this work on the car and then it rains when it is not supposed to.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

hmmmm as long as the dried rain does not contain any sand particles or dirt that will harm the paint, you could try this method.
        How-to Wash your car with a Rinse-less Wash System [video]
        Ganesa,
        Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Of course! But don't worry, it happens to us all. I do love the rain though and always welcome it as we see so little of it.
          Alex C.

Comment

FYI: Wash or Wipe after Rain?
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone!
              Matt

Comment

Mother nature hates me

couple weeks back I washed my dads car and waxed it with some UQW and it looked awesome! Low and behold he rained no more than 25 min after I had finished!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                  Mother nature hates me

couple weeks back I washed my dads car and waxed it with some UQW and it looked awesome! Low and behold he rained no more than 25 min after I had finished!! haha
                  I love to watch fresh wax bead water.
                  r. b.

Comment

Very true! My dads car had never been waxed and when he went to get my younger sister from a friends house a little later he kept saying man the water was beading and rolling off my car! He has a tiny detailer inside of him just not as bad as mine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');