• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirt scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt scratches

Here's the deal: A (relatively unintelligent) co-worker/friend of mine decided to play a joke on his friend by writing something in his friend's car's dirt on the hood. Unfortunately, the car was filthy; so filthy that my co-worker actually grabbed a receipt to put between his finger and the car when he did this so that his finger wouldn't get dirty. His friend washed the car and now the writing is still scratched into the paint. To make matters worse, the car isn't actually his friend's: it belongs to his mother. His mother now wants to sell the car but nobody's going to buy it with obscene remarks etched into the hood.

Obviously, it's not easy to tell without actually going to see the hood but it sounds to me like swirls or medium scratches. He was worried that he may have to have the hood re-painted but in my experience, I don't think rubbing dirt around for a second on a hood would cause deep scratches. He told me that the scratches can only be seen when the sun hits the hood. I'm thinking G110 + ScratchX. What do you guys think? I may be able to post pics in a few days because I'm going to see the hood on Sunday. Thanks.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Dirt scratches

Wow!! That is scary.. I think the process should be fine. At the worst you will need Ultimate Compound.. But I think that is weird just from dirt and a receipt. Good Luck!! Be sure to post pictures, judging by you message I do not think before pictures will be appropriate for MOL though.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I think what carfire told you should do the job okay. I think these scratches will be fine,unless the person applied a lot of pressure on it,but that sounds unlikely.

What did the message say? .......'wash me!' That's what most people write.

Comment

I think your process should work fine, if you take pics because of what may be written maybe just some close of of the scratch and not an actuall full picture of the hood would be okay. lol

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');