• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

winterized car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterized car

I already topped my car with 2x #16 four days apart just to allow product to properly dry. I try my best to use as little product as I can but I noticed the following day there are some streaks of the product left over. I did not see this after I buffed it by hand. It looked amazing actually after I buffed it but now there are only at certain spots. Do you think I accidentally put too much product on certain sections? Or did not buff it all off completely.
    Also is it safe to rebuff it or just leave it alone?

Spray it with a QD and buff it lightly.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Hey fpalattao,

Sure it is safe to buff again, if by "buff" you don't mean using an rotary buffer. Is your car a dark color? If so, that would explain the swirls and streaks. I have not used #16 before, but I know from experience that any moisture will cause streaking when you buff off wax. If it is humid and/or your wax applicator picks up some water you missed when drying the car this will happen.

If you have the PC, try using a clean bonnet to go over the streaks and this should be a quick fix. If not, just put some elbow grease in it, or use a swirl remover. Hope this helps,

Slats
      -------------
      John 17:3
      -------------

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');