• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does wax last...not your usual question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does wax last...not your usual question

MY friend is going overseas for a six month tour on October 1. I have gotten him somewhat interested in taking care of his new car, and told him I would help him clean and wax it before it is stored in a private garage. It probably will not be covered as there is no activity in the garage.
    We will clay it, ColorX it, #16 it and park it.
    My question is, how long will the #16 last? Will we have to wax it again in April when he returns, or just wash any accumulated dust off it? Will the wax be just like it was six months earlier?

Thanks.

Re: How long does wax last...not your usual question

with the car just sitting stored inside with no environmental or other issues of sun, rain, dirt, car washings, etc the wax and finish should be the exact same on his return as the day you put it into storage, short of some dust build-up.

As an example, I have collector/show cars. They only get driven /used in the nice warm months and get stored in the garage during the winter. Typically they go into storage Nov 1st and i bring them back out around March or April.
    Before they go into storage in Nov I completely clean them, wax them, etc than they get covered with custom car covers (only difference between my cars and your situation is I use a car cover to keep most of the dust off although some dust still gets in there but no big deal). In the Spring I use a California Brush for and do a QD for the dust and the cars are perfect.

In your case, without a car cover to keep most of the dust off a quick wash will be safer than a brush off and QD but either way the wax coating should be as fine as the day you put the car into storage
    What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Re: How long does wax last...not your usual question

Thanks, Barryk. I appreciate the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');