• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

now i have done the following so far to my car: pre wash wash with 2 bucket system dry clay wash dry ultimate compound by cheap buffer and wool pad now, i still have a couple minor swirls that i would like to get rid of, but i feel that UC ,ight be a little too abrasive to get those out. i have the following ready at my disposal to hit them with. M02 colorx scratch-x 1.0 nxt 2.0 megs cleaner wax i was wondering if #2 was more of the lines of uc or a little less abrasive? or would it be worth while to go get a bottle of swirl-x to rid myself of them, then hit with a pure polish and LSP?
    2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Re: question

The old scratchX is mild if that's what you are looking for.Can be done by hand and applicator if there are only a couple to get rid of.
    DC2 Polish can be used after,followed by your wax/sealant.

Comment

What do you mean by too abrasive to get the swirls out? I'd go with a smooth foam applicator, use the UC, and get them out. And then if they still wont come out, they might be staying there.

As far as SwirlX, yes, SwirLX would be good to use over the car in general after UC. UC is a cleaner only, while SwirlX is a cleaner/polish.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        What do you mean by too abrasive to get the swirls out? I'd go with a smooth foam applicator, use the UC, and get them out. And then if they still wont come out, they might be staying there.
        i thought that it might be a little too strong for what is needed for the job. I'm still working my way up the abrasive ladder so i don't know what is too much and what isn't enough.

in the mean time i decided to after the UC, try a test spot with M02. the M02 seemed to have the same abrasiveness as UC. UC seemed to last longer however. some of the swirls stuck, while some went away. idk if this was M02 working more, or a second application just did the trick.

i think i have met the limits of the cheapo orbial buffer. i decided to actually hit the paint after the UC with DC2 polish as i still have a bottle from 2007 (almost empty), and hit it with M26. we will see how it turns out in a couple hours. i should be following up with a coat of nxt 2.0 to fill in those swirls if they are still there.
        2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Comment

Well, if UC didnt take them out the first time, then it is unlikely somthing weaker would.

M02 should be a bit milder I believe, but it is also a different style of abrasive. Might have just worked with your technique better, or been almost removed already.

Sure, UC isnt something you will want for every detail. So having some SwirlX in the future will be fine.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');