• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medallion Paint Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medallion Paint Cleaner

Will repeated applications of Medallion Paint Cleaner remove too much clearcoat?

I really like this product and always use MPC prior to waxing my car (4-5 times a year) and sometimes apply it twice to help reduce swirls/light scratches. Am I in danger of removing too much clearcoat?

Also, is it less or more abrasive than #80? I am thinking about this as an option?

Thanks for the advice.

Re: Medallion Paint Cleaner

Originally posted by RC46
    Will repeated applications of Medallion Paint Cleaner remove too much clearcoat?
    Hi RC46,

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner is an effective paint cleaner, but at the same time a gentle paint cleaner. You shouldn't be in any kind of danger zone using a paint cleaner like this.

Also, is it less or more abrasive than #80? I am thinking about this as an option?

Thanks for the advice.
    These two products are fairly different in how they work depending on how you apply them, the hardness of the paint and your application material. All things being equal, I would give the edge to #80 Speed Glaze.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');