• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Compressor: Minimum size (interior detail)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Compressor: Minimum size (interior detail)?

I have searched and know you only need a "small" air compressor to speed upgetting into crannies during interior detailing and to dry the engine after washing.

What does "small" mean: HP, psi, gallons?

I need a small storage footprint and the minimum specs to do be able to do a quick good job. I can't get the crannies clean.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
    by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Re: Air Compressor: Minimum size (interior detail)?

I use the blower function on my vac when needed. The vacuum has to have a good filter to do this though, so you're not blowing dusty air all over the place. Something to consider instead of going the compressor route.
    Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
      I have searched and know you only need a "small" air compressor to speed upgetting into crannies during interior detailing and to dry the engine after washing.

What does "small" mean: HP, psi, gallons?

I need a small storage footprint and the minimum specs to do be able to do a quick good job. I can't get the crannies clean.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Jossy...I think this is as small and portable an air compressor you'll find.It's about 4 gallons. For interiors it would be handy.

Comment

I have a 2 gallon SpeedAire Setup... pretty small.

Comment

I use the blower function on my vac when needed. The vacuum has to have a good filter to do this though, so you're not blowing dusty air all over the place. Something to consider instead of going the compressor route.

Thanks for the good idea, I will add it to my arsenal and it will help once I am able to get to "clean". I guess I want to have a "most aggressive" tool in my back pocket. I'm tired of taking so long to clean the interior and then ....crud in some impossible to reach corner.

---------------

Hi Jossy...I think this is as small and portable an air compressor you'll find.It's about 4 gallons. For interiors it would be handy.

This looks good. The closest I've seen.

-----------------------------

I have a 2 gallon SpeedAire Setup... pretty small.

Thanks. Foot print might be good. I will check it out.
          --------------------

Thanks for the help, guys!
          by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

i started a thread about this before... i was interested in having some air on hand when i do a few details to blow out water between the cracks, tailights, engine etc.

i went to walmart and near the back where they have the batteries and motorcycle stuff theres a no name brand blower to help dry motorcycles. its the same as a metro vac n blow just without the vac portion. anyways at 20 bucks i couldnt complain. great amount of power, 10ft hose. like a 10ft power chord. all in all im glad i purchased it cause it sure does help me alot on the feild...
            - Markito -

Comment

[QUOTE=Still Learnin;352867] i started a thread about this before...

Thank you, great thread. (I gotta learn how to search better.)
              by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');