• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As seen on TV "Fix It Scratch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As seen on TV "Fix It Scratch"

Worth our time?

Re: As seen on TV "Fix It Scratch"

I'd love to see someone try it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

One of the few items Billy could never sell me. In the commercial, they glob the clear stuff on a scratch and say "like it never happened", but there is excess liquid hanging around the scratch. I'd rather put some passion behind a pad.
      Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
      baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Give it a go Murr.....!

First of all....Is the guy in the ad deaf? I thought my speakers were going to explode.

I havn't seen Simoniz stuff in a long time. I tried their shampoo once,years ago....it was okay,I guess.

Comment

I guess Europeans didnt get to enjoy Billy Mays.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Eddie doesn't know Billy Mays!!?

seriously? go look him up on youtube.

Comment

Okay. I've checked. Baseball player. Died recentley.Just baseball is not televised here. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                Okay. I've checked. Baseball player. Died recentley.Just baseball is not televised here. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said.

Billy did die recently, but he wasnt a baseball player. He was a pitchman, he did a lot of infomercials here.

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
                  Billy did die recently, but he wasnt a baseball player. He was a pitchman, he did a lot of infomercials here.
                  One of two things going on here. When Eddie looked up Billy Mays, maybe the term "pitchman" came back as a baseball pitcher? And there was a Say Hey Willie Mays.

Comment

I reckon Willie Mays was the baseball player; Billy Mays was the pitchman .

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                      One of two things going on here. When Eddie looked up Billy Mays, maybe the term "pitchman" came back as a baseball pitcher? And there was a Say Hey Willie Mays.
                      I didn't even think about that.
                      Willie Mays is alive, isn't he?

Comment

You fella's will have to explain the difference. I googled it and checked through Wikipedia. Also,i think someone posted a thread about a month or two ago about his passing.

Is a pitcher not one of the players in baseball? This will sound dumb to all of you,but it's never televised here. I don't know about sky...if it can be purchased? I don't get sport channels...i only watch free sports.

Comment

Is a pitcher not one of the players in baseball? This will sound dumb to all of you,but it's never televised here. I don't know about sky...if it can be purchased? I don't get sport channels...i only watch free sports.
                          A pitcher is someone who throws the the ball to the batter, in the context of baseball. A "pitchman" is a person who sells products for various vendors and companies. Generally, a pitchman is charismatic and gives the potential buyer a sense of security in the product they are pushing. Billy Mayes sold products on commercials, he was known for his loud voice and ability to sell everything from oxy-clean detergent to "mighty hooks".
                          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                          Calais Auto Detailing
                          CalaisDetails@aim.com
                          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                            A pitcher is someone who throws the the ball to the batter, in the context of baseball. A "pitchman" is a person who sells products for various vendors and companies. Generally, a pitchman is charismatic and gives the potential buyer a sense of security in the product they are pushing. Billy Mayes sold products on commercials, he was known for his loud voice and ability to sell everything from oxy-clean detergent to "mighty hooks".

Right...i see where i was getting mixed up.

Billy Mayes is the TV presenter who died a couple of months ago.

Willie Mayes is the 'Pitcher' ... Baseball player.

I might have seen him before if he was on QVC.?

Comment

I might have seen him before if he was on QVC.?
                              He's been on QVC a lot... Probably for Oxi Clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');