• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help fine scatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help fine scatches

Hi I am using the DA G110 for the first time doing my orange pontiac it looks good but i still can see scratches at the right angles is there any way to get them all out i ran my finger nail over a couple to see if they were deep i could not feel them in the paint so i was wondering what would be good to get them out or will they not all come out. i used swirl x helped a little so i tried using ultimate compound helped some more. should i make another pass over the car with swirlX, ultimate compound, or scratch X. Also i am using the DA on 5 with the yellow polishing pad.

Re: help fine scatches

Yes, there is usually a way, but it could take some playing around.

Could you tell if the UC was removing all but the deepest swirls? Or was the UC leaving any marring of its own behind, like the light swirls were moving around?

Also, is the car original paint, re-paint, SS, Clearcoat?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks murr i dont really know about the paint honestly other than it was painted about 6-7 years ago it does have clear coat. i dont see any marring or swirls. just little scratches some maybe about 4-5 inches long they are horizontal scratches not like circular. if you want and its not long distance for you you can call me at (269) 317-5523 and i will answer thanks

Comment

If they are all going the same direction, then the car has likely seen a few car washes, or something was dragged past it, and those could be your deepest scratches. And those most difficult to remove, if even possible.

If they are localized, you could give a go by hand with SwirlX / UC. If they are all over, you may not want to bother by hand.

Overall, 2 passes of UC should be fine by machine, and another pass of SwirlX would certainly be OK. Do a test spot on a set of scratches though. See what one more application of UC and SwirlX does, don't do the entire car, then look at it.

Without having things like paint thickness guages around, you just don't want to go real crazy with UC, like really focusing on one spot for 4/5/6 applications. Dont need to get the car re-painted again.

Kind of running around the house at the moment, but can always talk in the future if needed.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the info will try a small area with uc again then try the swirl x scratches probably have been in the paint from previous owner.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');