• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importance of a QD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importance of a QD

I am new to the forums but after reading here I have gone out and purchased some products for washing and detailing my vehicle. I did not pick up a QD and am unsure what they do exactly. I have heard good things about UQD and am thinking about purchasing I just need a little info about QD's first. Thank You.
    AWB

Re: Importance of a QD

They have several purposes.

The most basic is for helping remove bird droppings, hard water drops, etc that might land on the car, and you want to get off right away before they etch into the paint.

They are also used as a lubricant for claying.

They can also be used after a wash to restore a fresh waxed shine. A spray wax, like UQW is good for this also.

UQD is good for the first and last uses, but is not for claying.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you
      AWB

Comment

I use UQD almost daily! I only wash my car every 2 or 3 weeks. Every morning brings a light coating of dust and UQD removes it quickly and leaves a great shine. Fingerprints, smudges and fresh bird drops and tree "stuff" comes off easily too.
        Barry

Comment

A QD spray is very handy to have.
          Basically what it is is a lubricant. It allows you to do light dusting on your vehicle without the paint getting scratched or swirls added to it.
          If you try to dry dust your vehicle with a towel the dust /dirt on the paint surface will scratch/swirl the paint as you are rubbing it off. If you use a QD spray while dusting the liquid captures and holds the dust/dirt plus lubricates the paint surface so it won't scratch as you lightly wipe it up with a soft microfiber towel.
          It acts the same way when trying to clean up other problems such as bird droppings, etc as Murr1525 already mentioned.

a QD is great to keep your vehicle looking good between washings although if the vehicle gets real dirty you are far better doing a wash than just trying to QD it.

Also, as Murr already mentioned, some QD products also double as a clay lubricant while others do not.
          What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');