• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing The Car In The Rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washing The Car In The Rain?

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
    Maybe I should take a picture of my car and show you guys what the paint looks like after a fresh rain. It looks like a lakebed filled with sewage and topped with mold. That'll change your minds!
    Just a rain... while driving the vehicle or letting it sit and dry off? That is completely different then washing it while it's raining and then moving it inside and drying it off. Rain is water. Water is what is used to rinse the vehicle. I'm not seeing the difference.

Comment

The rain isnt as clean everywhere in the country, or world.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

if i need to wash the car during rains, what i do is this... wash the car as i normally do no kidding... what else can you do?

the next part is where things get a bit different.
        - if i am going out with my car and its raining and i just washed it, i won't dry it anymore... just drive. its raining anyway. btw, i prefer washing even more during rainy season so as not to accumulate and cake dirt, mud and whatever in case the sun suddenly comes out.
        - if i am going to stay at home and just leave my car inside the garage, then i would dry as normal

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          The rain isnt as clean everywhere in the country, or world.
          I'd drink it straight. I can't say the same for tap water.

Comment

Funny, I just did this this afternoon. I've done it before and I'll do it again. The sun won't dry the water before I can dry it so I don't have to worry about waterspots. Waterspots are my nemesis. Whatever tactic I can use to defeat them, I'll use it. Ka POW!!

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Rain is one of nature's ways of cleaning our atmosphere. All that crud has to go someplace. If you live in a relatively clean environmental area, or if it's been raining for a few hours, it might work all right.
              "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
              BOB

Comment

I think you could wash it, but i'd be very careful drying off your car when pulled into the garage!

Ideally if i were you i'd hose the car off and then pull it in to the garage and use ONR.
                Might not be the best for obvious reasons, but i'm sure you can make it work
                Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

I just wash it, and let the rain rinse the hose water off, and dont bother drying. Comes out reasonable enough for a quick clean.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');