• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPENING M16! ... wait. . IS THAT DIRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPENING M16! ... wait. . IS THAT DIRT?

So today I decided to open both cans of my M16 (from the great ebay sale)

first can was fine, pretty satisfied with it .

Second can I opened it and I was surprised to see grit and dirt in my M16!!!

Nothing against the seller though, I want to order more but its just an interesting find!

the dark spots on the top right corner

another angle :

( the other can behind it was perfectly fine! )

I just used a paper towel and wiped off the top layer of the wax that had dirt on it, any other suggestions?

Re: OPENING M16! ... wait. . IS THAT DIRT?

One of my tins has those brown particles as well. I picked out as much as I could and I do not see them any more even after a few shakes. It should be fine, I guess? Maybe it's just large chunks of carnauba?

Your other tin looks really nice, compared to those I see that belong to oher people.

Soo... I see that you are into Stephen King, eh

Comment

Wow! Guess I'm not alone!

Haha Stephen King is a pretty good way to pass time, (although some of his novels are beyond corny)

Anyway how's your BMW doing? I read your thread about fixing up the swirls on your BMW, that was a job well done.

( and wow, your garage is so darn clean. )

Comment

Thanks. I am waiting to have one of my wheels repaired. I ran off the track and damaged one wheel a while ago. The damaged wheel was fine in auto-x where you never reach speeds of over 50mph. But the vibration is noticeible at highway speeds.

The garage is actually very dirty. The DA shook all the dirt out from the crevices!

Anyway, I never had the chance to use the M16 yet. Perhaps you could take some pictures of your results with this wax.

Comment

Could be rust.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');