• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of 2003 Honda Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of 2003 Honda Detail

Well, I don't think the pictures capture the shine (it's like glass!), but here is my detail of her. Wash, clay, DCPC, then NXT Gen 2.0. I really think two coats of NXT Gen 2.0 is necessary, as with my CRV, I really see a difference with the second coat, applied 12 hours later. I use a G100 D/A machine. The bumper is quite scraped up and needs to be replaced, so that is the scuffs you are seeing.

I REALLY like using the NXT Gen 2.0 on the rims. The APC worked great to clean the rims up, and then two coats of nxt gen. The claying made an enormous difference. It's a step I will always include now.

Lisa

Re: Pictures of 2003 Honda Detail

nice car...looks good

Is that paint transfer or are you down to the plastic on the bumpers?

Comment

Very nice! Here are some pics of our 2000 silver Accord: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34898
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

The bumper is plastic...not too sure what to do to fix her up. I hate the paint they give you when you buy a car for repairing paint chips, I think it makes it look far worse.

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by itself View Post
          The bumper is quite scraped up and needs to be replaced, so that is the scuffs you are seeing.]
          The bumper doesn't need to be replaced; it just needs to be repainted.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

Your Honda looks great. Good job.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow nice job! It really does look like glass, even in the pics!

Comment

Well, you haven't seen the pics of the bumper on the other side....it's unclilpped from the body of the car!!! But, Honda gave me an autobody person that can wire it back onto the body.

Thanks for the compliments. Just shows that when anyone has a great product in their hands, that the results are great!

Lisa

Comment

Amen!

Comment

By the way, I meant to mention the the ASD is the BEST vinyl product I have ever used! The mud flaps look like new. It's a very greasy product (which I don't mind), and it's amazing how very little of it you need to apply. If you haven't tried ASD, it's a must!!

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by itself View Post
                      Well, you haven't seen the pics of the bumper on the other side....it's unclilpped from the body of the car!!! But, Honda gave me an autobody person that can wire it back onto the body.

Thanks for the compliments. Just shows that when anyone has a great product in their hands, that the results are great!

Lisa
                      If your bumper is hanging on one side.....
                      Your bumper is held on the upper part by a screw and plastic clip. Normaly you just need to change the plastic clip. Sometimes they fail even by removing a couple of times. Unless there is more serious damage,that is all that should be needed.
                      The touch up pen that the dealer gave you is not really much good for that scrape. It would be too obvious. Okay for rock chips. If you are sure that it is through to the plastic,then a respray of the bumper is what is needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');