• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car => Leather Aloe Conditioner (step2)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car => Leather Aloe Conditioner (step2)?

I just bought the Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner, assuming that with a brand new car I wouldn't need to treat the leather with the cleaner (step1) first. Am I right, or is it really important to use both even when the leather is brand new? Professional guidance much appreciated

Re: New car => Leather Aloe Conditioner (step2)?

You should be able to go ahead with Step 2, as long as the leather is clean and it should be since it is a brand new car.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Dont think its really important, conditioner should do the job for a new car.

I would suggest you get the cleaner after a while though, your leather will get dirty eventually.

Comment

Or at least the Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner to use once in a while also.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Personally, I prefer the 2 step products and have had good luck with both of them.

The Gold Class has a horrible smell in my opinion, I can't stand to use it.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Shouldn't hurt to clean the leather but if you don't have cleaner you might want to take a warm damp rag and wipe down the leather.

My recommendation... you might want to also try Leather CPR. I like it much better then the Meg Aloe Conditioner. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Or an APC/APC+ wipedown, then conditioning.

Comment

Or just clean it with Step 1 so you can say you cleaned the leather and ensure that your applying the conditioner to a cleaned surface.
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

Make sure you are applying this aloe on real leather only. Applying it on synthetic or fake leather is not only a waste, but would also leave a very sticky residue that is hard to remove.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, guys. (Wow, that didn't take long.)

To get Step1, I'd have to wait a week or two (have to order it from abroad), and I don't want to wait. So I'm trying out the conditioner on "a small, inconspicuos area" first (on my very real leather), and so far it seems ok ;-)
                    For the next time (how will I know when to give the seats a full treatment if they don't seem dirty or stained?) I'll get the cleaner as well, and in the meantime I'll use Meguiar's leather wipes when required.

I have another question, though: After conditioning the driver's seat, how long should I wait before driving? There's no time given on the bottle. Is it enough that the seat feels dry?

Thanks again.

Comment

After conditioning the drivers seat I would wait ten minutes and remove excess product with a clean microfiber towel, then you could go out for a drive after that.
                      Nick
                      815-954-0773

Comment

Yeah, I also like to apply, then wait, then buff off excess.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                          I have another question, though: After conditioning the driver's seat, how long should I wait before driving? There's no time given on the bottle. Is it enough that the seat feels dry?
                          As mentioned, apply, wait then wipe excess off. I don't see any need to wait after that. Don't leave the conditioner on too long as it becomes gummy. I also find if the excess if not removed from the seams it turns white when dry.

Comment

Thanks againg. That sounds a lot more practical than I expected. My gut feeling was (this is my first leather interior) to wipe off excess immediately and then wait, like, 12 hours or something.
                            Live and learn

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');