• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brooklyn Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brooklyn Connection

Sudz On The Run here posted a thread where he posted some pictures about some troublesome scratches on his Mustang. I saw that his location was Staten Island, for those of you not familiar with New York that is one bridge and maybe 20 minutes on the Parkway from Brooklyn. I PM'd him and we agreed that we would meet in Brooklyn, go to my friend's garage and see what we could do.

Unfortunately, my friend called me before school that morning and told me the garage was not going to work. Our only option was to work in my driveway. Well, we met at around 3 at a 7-11 parking lot and took the trip to my driveway. We spoke for a little while about the forum, some Meguiar's products and just general detailing.

We started by looking at the scratches (on the trunk lid and hood) under my Peak halogen light. He QD and clayed the areas we were going to work on. I first went at it with some M105 on a polishing pad and speed 6 on my G110. We were both pretty disappointed with how little it did, I worked it by hand pretty passionately for a while and then did another pass with the G110.

At this point we looked at each other and I suggested the rotary. Sudz was very open to suggestion and I explained the amount of rotary experience I have and how skeptical I am to jump into it on other people's cars. He gave me the go ahead so we decided to take it slow. I gave it a pass with M105 on a polishing pad.

Back to the G110 we went with some M205 on a finishing pad on speed 5. Upon further instruction, under my new Pep Boys Peak halogen light, almost all the fine scratches were taken care of, though the deep ones remained. Some of them may be through clearcoat, if not they are deep enough to make polishing them out impractical. I think we were both pretty happy with how it turned out; not perfect, but extremely impressive. Sudz's face lit up a bit when I broke out the M16. I couldn't let him leave without some serious protection on his beautiful Mustang. It went on easy and looked great after removal.

My friend (a lighting guy) set up an appointment for the following day (today) to install some custom lighting in his wheel wells and engine bay which, from my friend's side of the story, went extremely well.

Overall, meeting Sudz was a good experience. I had a great time working on his car, enjoyed speaking with another talented detailer and enjoyed working with him. I hope to work with you again soon, Sudz and I'm glad that we could work out most of the superficial scratches. The car looks great, congrats.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Re: The Brooklyn Connection

Soooooo, where's the pics? Who took 'em?

Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

You really help me out and thank you for it i will post some pics in the am of the hood and of the trunk. Your friend was here today and did a great job , I was way to busy tonight to take any pics but i will put them up tomorrow. THANKS AGAIN
      Sudzontherun serving all of the Tri-state Area

Comment

Good things worked out well. I'm sure it looks a lot better.

Comment

That is great, you helping him out. Now we need the pics. lol
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good on you, Calais!
            A fine gesture. Way to walk the walk!
            "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
            BOB

Comment

Originally posted by Sudz On The Run View Post
              You really help me out and thank you for it i will post some pics in the am of the hood and of the trunk. Your friend was here today and did a great job , I was way to busy tonight to take any pics but i will put them up tomorrow. THANKS AGAIN
              No problem buddy, I'm glad that Matt did that work on your car. He told me it came out great, but its good to here that from you too. I liked the car already, I would love to see it with the new lights. Make sure you post some direct sunlight pics, I would love to see what we did fix and what we couldn't fix.

Here's a pic:

Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

What I don't get any rep here?
                Calais Auto Detailing
                CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                  What I don't get any rep here?
                  Now you did.

Comment

That's a real nice car.

Lambo style doors....CooL!

Shame about those rids on the hood. Looks otherwise perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                      Shame about those rids on the hood. Looks otherwise perfect.
                      It sounds really nice too. Only eyes like those of an MOLer would notice the RIDS anyway, there was only one that you could see at first glance.
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Originally posted by james0509 View Post
                        Now you did.
                        I was JK, but thanks.
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');