• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands-on 110 learning curve 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands-on 110 learning curve 101

Long story short here. Got my 110 and various pads in the mail this week, starting the learning cruve of its use while practicing on a 28 year old Jags black metallic hood that was replaced/repainted in the mid 80's single stage(?)- (the rest of the car has a crinkled laquer "finish")
    After several applications of 205 and SwirlX side by side and with very favorable results, I can not see a difference between the two products. Is there other than the silicone content in the SwirlX?
    How do these compare to #9?

I progressed from 7207 to 8207 to 9207 with noticable reductiuons in scratches and spiderwebs, but had some barely perceptable swirls in the end even after the last go-round with 9207/205.

At this juncture I'm thinking I need to move on to a polish with 9207.
    Can someone compare #3 VS #5 &#7? Are the later2 hand-application only? How do these compare to Deep Crystal Polish?

Any other suggestions on the last stage of very fine hologram removal prior to waxing, or might that in itself do the trick?

I'm getting there, very releived that this DA is NOT a dangerous tool, and ALMOST ready to tackle my 09 black metallic trucks body shop-induced swirls. That is after getting satifaction on the Jag first.
    Thanks for the patience with the machine fininshing noob here!!
    Last edited by xcfw; Oct 4, 2009, 06:40 AM. Reason: black
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');