• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirlx application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirlx application

I just ordered a ton of Meguiars products off amazon one of them being swirlx. I just want to know if it is recommended to use swirlx with an even coat applicator. I bought a two pack and I didn't buy any foam pads.

I have been reading the forums thoroughly and wanted to make sure I did everything right.

I'll start with the products I bought.

Accessories
    X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3
    X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3
    X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt
    X3080 EvenCoat Applicator - Pack of 2

Wash
    G-12664 NXT Generation Car Wash. 64 oz. liquid (mitt and microfiber cloths)
    Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner
    G-7214 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

Prep
    G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit (accessories included)

Polish
    G17616 SwirlX (even coat applicator?)

Wax
    NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18-Ounce Liquid) (even coat applicator)

Maintain
    G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer (microfiber cloth)
    G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax (microfiber cloth)

I'm brand new to detailing and I'm looking for advice, even if I've already heard it

Re: Swirlx application

You can use an even coat applicator pad with SwirlX but I tend to use foam ones. its somewhat of a personal preference.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I would choose to use a smooth foam applicator for SwirlX. And most products for that matter.

And just FYI, the Supreme Shines arent really meant for drying the car. They probably wont do a very good job for you.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm considering buying deep crystal polish now. How much of a difference will it make if I add in this extra step? I also want to know how much time it will take an amateur such as myself to do all this work.

Comment

Originally posted by aTeam View Post
          I'm considering buying deep crystal polish now. How much of a difference will it make if I add in this extra step? I also want to know how much time it will take an amateur such as myself to do all this work.
          DC2 will add a little extra, you may or may not notice it depending on the color of your car.

Not sure exactly how long it will take, maybe try and dedicate an entire Saturday or Sunday?
          Nick
          815-954-0773

Comment

Okay that's kind of what I figured on time, I'll just set aside a Saturday.

The car is an '06 Charger R/T in Black, so I think the polish will add a significantly better look. What do you experienced guys think? I was thinking about using the wheel cleaner on the front grill too since it is polished aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by aTeam View Post
              Okay that's kind of what I figured on time, I'll just set aside a Saturday.

The car is an '06 Charger R/T in Black, so I think the polish will add a significantly better look. What do you experienced guys think? I was thinking about using the wheel cleaner on the front grill too since it is polished aluminum.
              Yeah, you will most likely notice a difference with DC2 on black. Might wanna stick to soap and water on the grille though.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm excited for my products to come next week

Comment

Yeah, depends what kind of defects, etc there are to be fixed. The more to fix, the longer it takes.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');