• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to detail/protect satin black hotrod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to detail/protect satin black hotrod?

My boss has a '56 Chevy pickup painted in DuPont Hot rod black, but he is not sure how to keep it detailed, he washed it and when he dried it you could see the streaks, and he used some type of spray detailer and which gave it an uneven greasy finish. The best thing he said he tried so far that gave it the clean flat look was glass cleaner, but will that be hard on the paint?

Re: How to detail/protect satin black hotrod?

Yeah, dont want glass cleaner.

Is it flat black paint? No gloss at all?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

There's not really any products on the market at this time specifically formulated for working on flat black paint.

The product can't really dry, at least it can't dry white. That said, you might give this thread a read through...

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        There's not really any products on the market at this time specifically formulated for working on flat black paint.

The product can't really dry, at least it can't dry white. That said, you might give this thread a read through...

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

I agree. I have yet to find a way to make flat black stay that way. The best you can do is a compromise and allow a low satin sheen.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the info, I never spotted that thread earlier, I have a bottle of the trim detailer, I think we'll try it on a small spot on the truck and see what happens, if it works out we might do the whole truck with it, ! thanks again.

Comment

I know this is a Meguiar's forum, but perhaps something like Optimum's Spray Wax might work good in this situation. I have not used it, let alone on satin black, but it is clear.
            Might e-mail them and see what they think about that. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');