• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick detailer usage in the sahara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick detailer usage in the sahara

hi all,

i live in riyadh, saudi arabia....... in the middle of the arabian desert !!!
    i could notice the tiny sand building up on my car an hour after washing it.

Can i use QD to clean the car? Or will i be inducing scratches?
    What would be the proper technique to keep the car clean without washing it completly?

cheers,

Re: Quick detailer usage in the sahara

Ugh..... certainly sounds risky to use a QD....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

That sounds risky. Seems like a perfect recipe to induce swirls and scratches. I would wash it.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

You need to invest in a Car Duster....seems like it would be perfect for your location!
        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

A car duster seems like the next best thing to a traditional soap-and-bucket wash. Just be careful, as you want to use the least amount of pressure so you aren't grinding the sand into the surface.
          Jeff

Comment

This is the WORST thread ever! The mental picture of Sahara sand settling on paint is making my chest hurt.

What color is the car?
            2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

Originally posted by OBSSEST View Post
              This is the WORST thread ever! The mental picture of Sahara sand settling on paint is making my chest hurt.

What color is the car?
              Could be probably the best thread ever....for those living in that part of the world that are "Car Crazy"! But I do understand your pain....I'm just glad we don't have to deal with that here. Well, alot of us don't.
              Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');