• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Cleaning Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Cleaning Problems

Okay guys, just a small question. As we all know, we can use meguiar's products to clean our interior, leaher, etc.

WELL, Mercedes-Benz has something called ARTICO leather, in other words man-made leather. Can i still use the products to clean it or no?

Re: Leather Cleaning Problems

When you say "man-made" leather, are you referring to something that is not a natural animal hide? For example, I know that BMW offers something they call "leatherette", which is not exactly 100% real leather, but a material that gives the look and feel of the real thing.

I would believe that something like Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner would be just fine on the surface, regardless. It's a very gentle product, and it's specifically designed for pretty much all of today's leather interiors (which aren't exactly "true" leather, but rather leather than has a very thin coating of vinyl for enhanced durability). A simple test you can do is to sprinkle a few drops of water on the surface - if they are absorbed, you have uncoated or "natural" leather. If the drops bead up and are not absorbed, you know that you have coated leather. Either way, stick with a dedicated leather cleaner/conditioner for automotive applications, no harm will be done in the end.

Hope this helps.
    Jeff

Comment

Everything I found says to use a vinyl cleaner and protectant.

Comment

Stick with a leather cleaner/conditioner. You can use products that have them both in one bottle like Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner or dedicated like Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner and Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner or any other leather product you use

Comment

I would do a test spot in a inconspicuous spot with the leather cleaner and conditioner. See how it goes. Then act accordingly.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');