• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black 07 TL holograms...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black 07 TL holograms...?

I had some body work done on the left rear quarter panel (black 07 TL) back in the spring. The body shop left some holograms that I wasn't too concerned about figuring I could remove them myself. Last weekend I did a full detail - clay, M205, NXT. The 205 with a polishing pad under the Brinkmann appeared to eliminate them, but today in full sun I noticed the holograms are still there (albeit somewhat less severe).

I realize that all situations/paints are different, but reading through the many threads on this subject, I'm still not sure whether the more or less "typical" next step at this point would be a less aggressive polish and/or pad or more aggressive polish and/or pad?

While I plan to try both methods, was wondering if anyone had any experiences, particularly with the Acura/Honda NHBP paint.

Thanks!
    2013 Highlander - black
    2010 TL - black

Re: Black 07 TL holograms...?

Hi John,

If it appears that the M205 at least reduced the holograms a noteworthy amount, you may want to simply try a few more passes with the same process. Or, try a test spot with M205 and a polishing pad to add a little more bite. Then evaluate the results before continuing on to the rest of the vehicle.

Are you working with a dual-action buffer or a rotary?

Comment

Mark,

After reading some more threads on the topic I saw where sometimes the holograms can be caused by residual polish or wax (not being thoroughly removed). So, last night I LT'd the area with the holograms. Today, in the full sun, I couldn't see them anymore. I don't know if I just couldn't get the same light angles, but they appear to be gone.

Regardless, thank you very much for the advice. If they somehow "re-appear" I will go over again with 205/DA/polishing pad.
      2013 Highlander - black
      2010 TL - black

Comment

Great to hear!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');