• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 Availability Question and ADS response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G110 Availability Question and ADS response

Hello Barry,

I trust your judgment and highly admire your posts. When working with M205 to remove very very slight imperfections, what would be your recommendations from these pad options? I'd really appreciate your input. http://autodetailingsolutions.net/la...inch-pads.html

I figured one orange, not to use, but just to have on hand
    One green for possible use
    Two white for general polishing
    Two blue for pre LSP preparation of the paint
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Comment

Originally posted by BarryK View Post
      always interesting to see various different experiences on the same products.
      I'd assume that technique may play as one variable in this though.
      It was a 5-in LC White pad. Like I said, I had done two panels and noticed it when checking my work. The circles had to come from the CCS pad dimples. M205 cleaned it up.

My guess I did not work it enough or too much. I did not have time to figure it out so I got out the 6.5-in LC white. That t worked fine so I just did not look back. The 6.5-in pad also extended the working time a bit so it seemed to break down better and I could use a slightly larger work area.

I am sure technique was a major factor.
      Al
      ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
        Hello Barry,

I trust your judgment and highly admire your posts. When working with M205 to remove very very slight imperfections, what would be your recommendations from these pad options? I'd really appreciate your input. http://autodetailingsolutions.net/la...inch-pads.html

I figured one orange, not to use, but just to have on hand
        One green for possible use
        Two white for general polishing
        Two blue for pre LSP preparation of the paint
        I replied to your PM

Originally posted by Bunky View Post
        It was a 5-in LC White pad. Like I said, I had done two panels and noticed it when checking my work. The circles had to come from the CCS pad dimples. M205 cleaned it up.

My guess I did not work it enough or too much. I did not have time to figure it out so I got out the 6.5-in LC white. That t worked fine so I just did not look back. The 6.5-in pad also extended the working time a bit so it seemed to break down better and I could use a slightly larger work area.

I am sure technique was a major factor.
        odd.
        on a DA the smaller pads tends to be more aggressive compared to the same in a larger size so not too surprising to find that the 6.5" pad was giving you a longer working time than the 5.5" pads were.

I am clueless how or why you would get the marks as you describe them but I'll take your word for it. Maybe too much pressure on the unit engaging the clutch so the pad wasn't rotating like it should have been?
        Whatever, you seemed to have solved the issue with the larger pad size so it's a moot point anyway
        What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Originally posted by BarryK View Post
          was this on a particular LC CCS pad such as an orange or yellow? These two pads are aggressive enough that you COULD get some micro-marring but it's easily removed during the next step after M105 when you finish up with M205 with a milder pad such as a white pad.
          I HAVE heard of this issue from others with the orange or yellow pads although i'll say that I've never had the problem myself, at least not with orange pads and I very, very rarely ever go up to a yellow pad.
          I use the LS CCS pads in the 6.5" size with my Flex 3401 and have had good success with them and i'm happy with the results.

always interesting to see various different experiences on the same products.
          I'd assume that technique may play as one variable in this though.

I had this exact same problem.

I used M105 on a CCS Orange pad on two parts of a 2007 Dodge Ram. Everything was good on the bed, but then I used it on the rear door and M105 left hazing (rear door was a repaint). I thought no problem. I'll just use D151 on CCS Orange and remove it. Well D151 on CCS Orange left the little small circle marring. I had to switch to a Meg's W8207 polishing pad and D151 to remove it all. This was all done with my Flex 3401.

FYI: Why D151 with CCS Orange? I tried to use CCS Orange with D151 on the whole truck to remove as many defects as possible and leave behind some protection (Bounty did this on an Audi IIRC). This was a lease turn-in so defect removal was a higher priority than finish quality. I only used M105 in the two sections that had heavier defects where D151 didn't get the job done. Because of the little circle marring I switched to W8207 and D151 and ended up with good results.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');