• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow On Wax HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow On Wax HELP!!!!

Okay, Today I decided to get my camaro ready for the winter (daily driver). I cleaned it with DC#1 paint cleaner. I started applying the NXT on the hood, left fender and left door. I got the Nxt on and was waiting for it to set up and it started snowing out (stupid weather channel said it wouldn't snow today) My question is will the rest of the car be okay for a day or two without any wax protection on it??? Also, will the Nxt need to be applied to the hood, left fender, and left door again?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
    1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
    4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Re: Snow On Wax HELP!!!!

Originally posted by 94gpse
    ]My question is will the rest of the car be okay for a day or two without any wax protection on it???
    Hi 94gpse,

Your car should be okay. Modern paint is pretty durable to start with, adding a coat or two of wax gives your finish an extra level protection. So after the snow is gone, start back up where you left off. Be sure to wash or quick detail the finish before applying your wax however.

Also, will the NXT need to be applied to the hood, left fender, and left door again?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I would recommend giving everything a fresh coat.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So I'm not the only one crazy enough to drive an F-body in the winter! (j/k) I did the same thing with my TAs from '98 up until last year, when I got my GTO. The GTO is heavier and supposedly is a little bit better in the snow. When it's really bad out I just stay home and take a vacation day if I have to.

Do what Mike said and everything will be fine. I like how quickly the NXT dries in cold weather, much faster than MPPP! I used the Spray Booster Wax on part of my car and it was dry in 5 minutes.

Things would be easier if you could pull your Camaro into a garage and NXT it in there. With NXT it doesn't take very long.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I wish I could pull my car in the garage but my dad has his friends duster in pieces right now helping him restore it so I am stuck outside in the driveway I agree RamAirVI I think everybody makes a big fuss about how bad f bodys are in the winter and the way I look at it is just use common sense when you driving them, you obviously can't drive like you normally do in the summer time. People in the 60's and 70's had to drive big 4 door impala's and malibu's, Not to mention winter was worse back then. But anyway hopefully I will be able to get the wax on tomorrow and I will feel a lot better.
        Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
        1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
        4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');