• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale for Tire Dressings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scale for Tire Dressings?

I love ASD and HD!! Both work great but my favorite for my personal tires is the Gold Class Endurance High Gloss.. Its cheap and last forever

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
      Be sure to let us know how you like it.

i deff will...from the looks of your pictures and other peoples pictures..it gives the tire that nice deep black look with a bit of gloss. thats what im looking for..and with 1 gallon, i think i'll never run out !
      Addicted

Comment

so i got my ADS order today...WOW. all season dressing is unbelieavable. I am so happy i bought it. I love it even more than endurance high gloss which in my own opinion was the best stuff ever...all season dressing is all im ever using !
        Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
          so i got my ADS order today...WOW. all season dressing is unbelieavable. I am so happy i bought it. I love it even more than endurance high gloss which in my own opinion was the best stuff ever...all season dressing is all im ever using !
          I knew you would like it. Post up some pics when you get a chance.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post

I'd be curious to know how you applied it, and if you managed it in any way after you sprayed it on the tire.

I've been using Insane and applying it with an old eye glass cleaner spritz bottle that has a very, almost airborne delivery. Always open to new ideas!

Brown's got mine out for delivery today with my new V2, but Santa won't give it to me until Christmas.
            "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
            BOB

Comment

I tried to order the chemical resistant sprayer from ADS along with the ASD bottle, but they were out of stock.

Has anyone experienced any real problems just using a good quality plastic spray head without the chemically resistant feature???

Thanks!!!
              "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
              BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
                I tried to order the chemical resistant sprayer from ADS along with the ASD bottle, but they were out of stock.

Has anyone experienced any real problems just using a good quality plastic spray head without the chemically resistant feature???

Thanks!!!
                They will work, but will not last as long. I'd suggest flushing the sprayers out after each use. A good way to do this is to run hot water through the sprayer to minimize the amount of chemicals that remain after use.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                  They will work, but will not last as long. I'd suggest flushing the sprayers out after each use. A good way to do this is to run hot water through the sprayer to minimize the amount of chemicals that remain after use.
                  Thanks, Colonel! That's easy enough to do. I've got an extra spray bottle body which I can add hot water and soap to. I'd surely think that would do the trick. I'm only tending to one vehicle, so it's no big deal to do for the few times I need ASD.

I note that they even recommend rinsing out the chemically resistant spray heads also. I've never had any problems with Insane or Hot deteriorating a head and I also use other heads and bottles for grass killer, etc. without any special care, so I think your idea will serve me pretty well. It's hard to imagine ASD can be any more caustic. I like the utility sprayers over the product supplied heads since I have total adjustability of the spray pattern.
                  BOB

Comment

I knew you would like it. Post up some pics when you get a chance.
                    i will try and take some pics later today..all i gotta say is that the gloss is amazing and its so easy to apply..

Originally posted by RGP View Post
                    I'd be curious to know how you applied it, and if you managed it in any way after you sprayed it on the tire.

I've been using Insane and applying it with an old eye glass cleaner spritz bottle that has a very, almost airborne delivery. Always open to new ideas!

Brown's got mine out for delivery today with my new V2, but Santa won't give it to me until Christmas.
                    i applied it with a tire gel applicator...the same one that comes with hot shine gel kit...it goes so smooth. i like it even better than insane shine and endurance high gloss..
                    Addicted

Comment

Does that mean it's glossier or just that you like it better?

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
                        Does that mean it's glossier or just that you like it better?
                        well i certainly like it better =D

and yes, in my own opinion i say its even glossier than endurance which i used to think was the glosiest thing ever..
                        Addicted

Comment

Dressing are formulated from either a:

a. Water-based silicone emulsion or,
                          b. Solvent silicone base

You add water to the water-based silicone emulsion and you add solvent (usually mineral spirits) to the solvent silicone, as well as some enhancing secondary ingredients to make the product.

The more water you use, the less shiny the product will be, the less water the more shiny it will be. Logical?

Same with the solvent silicone product, although because of the solvent, which is petroleum based you will get an extra shine as well as the silicone shine.

There is no magic with dressings it is as simple as I have described.

We use a high gloss water-based product for interiors, engines, tires.

High shine for tires and engines and for interiors we apply with a dressings applicator pad and then wipe it off with a towel, leaving a satin, non-glare finish.

Solvent dressings in my book should not be used on or in a motor vehicle:

a. Too shiny, glaring and slick for interiors
                          b. Engines - the solvent is flamable and could cause a flash fire and solvent breaks down
                          rubber hoses and belts
                          c. Tires - they are rubber and the solvent mixes with carbon black in tires and forms a liquid that slings off the car and on to the body. On white, yellow, beige and other light colored painted plastic parts the liquid penetrates the paint film and irreperably stains the part.

That is my take on dressings. Find a water-base product that is high shine and you are home free. Of course if you want high shine on the tires spray it on and let it dry.

Or use a spray/brush applicator attached to a pressure tank in which you store the chemical.

Regards
                          Bud Abraham
                          DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

so here is the pic i promised...im sorry for the poor quality, my camera isnt the greatest.

this is All season dressing

Last edited by speed3blackmica; Dec 14, 2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: add more pictures
                            Addicted

Comment

The tires looks really good. ASD is my go to tire dressing these days.
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

The tires looks really good. ASD is my go to tire dressing these days.

Thanks Nick,

i know the picture doesnt do it much justice, im getting a better camera soon !

but you can at least the dark rich black it gives the tires...ASD is my go to tire dressing too..i find myself using it every time i wash
                                Addicted

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');